Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you hate the most

yo props on quoting earl man i fucks with im na mean

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    What... the... heck...

You know what I hate the most? People who turn perfectly good forum threads into spam wars over entirely irrelevant arguments. (*AHEM*)

That cleared, I must jump in here:

Country is the best. I don't care if you bash the rap, but don't bash the country.

The reason why it's depressing is that most of the songs deal with realistic stuff. That being said, it can get old. Especially when they play the same freakin' songs 40 times a day... but there's some really good songs out there too.

Country is where it's at. (With the exception of Swift, Perry, and Underwood... gahd I hate their songs so much. x_X )

But Wolfen, I could see how you would get tired of it, considering you're from Ok. xD
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    Okay, "subjects of the songs" are what I'm referring to. And how can it be applied to every genre? While I'll admit a majority of rock is about drugs and sex, it's not all about those two things. Rapping is fast speech, mixing rhythmic rhyming and well-mixed synth tones. I'll let the soul thing fly because the souls a whole other subject. As for creativity, its fast poetry with poorly thought out metaphors and symbolism. Vulgar language: There are better ways to say things. The only time I like vulgar lyrics is when I'm in my "Kill-a-bitch" mood and want to punch someone. Which doesn't happen very often. And as for "technical brilliance" how hard is it to write at a fifth grade level? It's not. But most (not all) is so geared towards children-styled writing which is insulting to... Well, it should be insulting to everyone. Improper usage of simplistic words, slang that makes everyone dumber each time they hear it, and poor choice of their synthesized tones that can be found on google for free. So really? There's more to music than a beat and words. This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    "Yeah I ride my bike with no handlebars, with no handlebars, with no..."

I can't stand it either. They're excuse is that it's supposedly cultural, or something. Country is cultural too though.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by theAnimeRebel View Post
    What... the... heck...

You know what I hate the most? People who turn perfectly good forum threads into spam wars over entirely irrelevant arguments. (*AHEM*)
    This is fun for me. If its not fun for wolfen he can stop responding to me? If anyone is hurt by these posts they need to relax. Nobody is angry here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen300 View Post
    Okay, "subjects of the songs" are what I'm referring to. And how can it be applied to every genre? While I'll admit a majority of rock is about drugs and sex, it's not all about those two things.
    When I said it applies to every genre I mean you could apply any broad generalization to every type of music. Its just too easy.

Rapping is fast speech, mixing rhythmic rhyming and well-mixed synth tones.
    No there is slow rap, rap that doesn't rhyme, as well as rap performed with traditional instruments... like the song I posted in my last post which you obviously didn't look at.

As for creativity, its fast poetry with poorly thought out metaphors and symbolism.
    Can you measure how poorly something is thought out? How do you measure how good metaphors and symbolism are? Jiggawatts?

Vulgar language: There are better ways to say things.
    "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn". One of the greatest lines in film history includes a swear. Is there a better way to get it across. Maybe? Does it matter?

The only time I like vulgar lyrics is when I'm in my "Kill-a-bitch" mood and want to punch someone. Which doesn't happen very often.
    You should seek help.

And as for "technical brilliance" how hard is it to write at a fifth grade level? It's not.
    I meant literal technical skill as in meter, rhyme, tone... everything? Like you know what poetry is right? It just happens to be extremely offensive, vulgar, and over the top.

But most (not all) is so geared towards children-styled writing which is insulting to... Well, it should be insulting to everyone.
    Won't somebody think of the children!

Improper usage of simplistic words, slang that makes everyone dumber each time they hear it, and poor choice of their synthesized tones that can be found on google for free.
    I listen to rap music and now I'm really dumb oh nooo.

So really? There's more to music than a beat and words.
    There doesn't have to be. I get you're young and its pointless to say this, but you aren't the one that gets to qualify what music is.

This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it
    Don't be so American. One of the greatest things you will ever accomplish in your short life is to change your mind.

Lol I'm loving this too. It's fun as hell! Now, as for the "slow rapping." Duh? Otherwise it's just speaking. And yeah there's a way to measure metaphors. If it makes you go "Oh shit I never woulda known!" when someone points it out to you, its great. "Huh? Really?" is okay, and then there's the whole "Hah. He's talking about drugs." Meaning it was so apparent, it would have been better to just say it. ex. "Blow my whistle baby." Really? Transparent as glass. Next, please try to tell me the meter of the songs. The tempo's easy enough and can be picked up in a matter of seconds. That should be the only thing that's easily picked up. What makes poetry, poetry? It has a grace that keeps everything melded. To me, there's no grace, no uniformity besides vulgarity. As for the dumber thing? I got nothing on that I was temporarily raging (hah,). Next, as for beat and words? Add a rhyme and you've got open night-mic poetry at the local coffee shop. That's poetry. Not music. I'll agree that changing your mind is important. To me though, music is the one thing that's solid in this world, so I won't let my opinion change on that. Will I find more bands I like? Yes. will I find more I hate? Oh hell yes, daily! But how I view music is mine and mine alone. Noone can take it, no one can change it.

And AnimeRebel? The majority of the people here in OK are rednecks and wannabe rappers. So the only music I ever hear outside my room and when I don't have my Ipod are country and rap. Not even gospel, bluegrass, or any other genre, just country and rap. On the plus side, I'm currently 15 miles from where Ante-mortem formed, and I live 30 minutes from where the All American Rejects formed. Just wish the rejects would have stayed rejects.... Not funny?

Also: "Kill-a-bitch" mood: That moment when someone does something SO stupid you feel the need to help ensure the IQ of future generations by removing the idiot from the gene pool, but don't act even though you want to.
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Lol @ this thread.

I hate it when I let amazing opportunities pass me by and kick me in the butt on their way. Dunno if I hate this THE MOST. But it's up there.

I've never had an amazing opportunity, but if I do, and I let it pass, I'll tell y'all so you can laugh.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Sometimes it doesn't seem like an amazing opportunity until it's gone and then you realize that it actually kinda was pretty amazing. I think those kinda suck even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen300 View Post
    Lol I'm loving this too. It's fun as hell! Now, as for the "slow rapping." Duh? Otherwise it's just speaking.
    Who the hell speaks with rhymes/assonance/alliteration all the time that's weird as hell.

Some slow rap from yours truly.

And yeah there's a way to measure metaphors. If it makes you go "Oh shit I never woulda known!" when someone points it out to you, its great. "Huh? Really?" is okay, and then there's the whole "Hah. He's talking about drugs." Meaning it was so apparent, it would have been better to just say it. ex. "Blow my whistle baby." Really? Transparent as glass.
    Thats... not a measurement. Even if it was your scale varies per person. Every thing I'm sayin I'm super saiyan like goku.

Next, please try to tell me the meter of the songs. The tempo's easy enough and can be picked up in a matter of seconds. That should be the only thing that's easily picked up.
    ???

What makes poetry, poetry? It has a grace that keeps everything melded.
    Noooo how could you misunderstand poetry on such a fundamental level??

To me, there's no grace, no uniformity besides vulgarity.
    Its graceful as hell. Opinions!

Next, as for beat and words? Add a rhyme and you've got open night-mic poetry at the local coffee shop. That's poetry. Not music.
    Have you met bacon barbarian.

I'll agree that changing your mind is important. To me though, music is the one thing that's solid in this world, so I won't let my opinion change on that. Will I find more bands I like? Yes. will I find more I hate? Oh hell yes, daily! But how I view music is mine and mine alone. Noone can take it, no one can change it.
    Technically I could take your view on music. I'm not going to because I exclusively listen to japanese noise rock, but I could.

Also: "Kill-a-bitch" mood: That moment when someone does something SO stupid you feel the need to help ensure the IQ of future generations by removing the idiot from the gene pool, but don't act even though you want to.
    You should seek help.