Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 202

Thread: What do you hate the most

  1. #131
    Super Senior Member Demonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Capital Wasteland
    Posts
    2,928
    @Wolfen;
    SPOILER! :
    Late to the debate as always :c

    Rapping is fast speech, mixing rhythmic rhyming and well-mixed synth tones.
    So… you’re agreeing that rap songs are a form of music then? That sounds like a musical definition to me. Also by your deduction you would be condemning some forms of music such as A Capella;



    Or Gregorian Chant;


    Poor examples to be honest, but they are similar in that they rely heavily on the use of lyrical devices.

    As for creativity, its fast poetry with poorly thought out metaphors and symbolism.
    Not in all cases, only with lazy artists.

    Vulgar language: There are better ways to say things. The only time I like vulgar lyrics is when I'm in my "Kill-a-bitch" mood and want to punch someone.
    Judging by your quote of Five Finger Death Punch, then I don’t think you really have a grasp on this ‘kill-a-bitch’ mood, especially since I would argue that 5FDP are just popularising metal. Whereby they are just providing for what the mass majority wants rather than going out to create their own sense of identity and meaning. Now I present old Korn before they degenerated into mediocrity; whereby the aggression and sheer ferocity is rather apparent through vocals alone (or at least in my opinion). I find with FFDP that they are just making threats, but there is no… seriousness or emphasis.




    Also: "Kill-a-bitch" mood: That moment when someone does something SO stupid you feel the need to help ensure the IQ of future generations by removing the idiot from the gene pool, but don't act even though you want to.
    The irony in that is that ‘kill-a-bitch’ songs are usually rather… simplistic themselves. So they degenerate the IQ of others… by being… unintelligent themselves?


    Well, it should be insulting to everyone. Improper usage of simplistic words, slang that makes everyone dumber each time they hear it, and poor choice of their synthesized tones that can be found on google for free.
    See, the thing is that there are different times for different lyrical formats. Sometimes they may want to convey a message in its most brutal and bluntest form rather than cover it up in symbolism and lyrical genius. Also on a side note; I’ve not listened to such songs and felt my intelligence crumble before me like dust.

    So really? There's more to music than a beat and words. This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it.
    Then you may want to change your opinion since by the definition of music, it is still music in its own right. They may be using atonal, 20th century and lyrical/poetic influences, but I can assure you that there are still many different terms and such that can describe rap songs (and country).

    Looking back on all of this though you keep coming back to rock/metal, rather than exploring the rest of the musical spectrum. So I’m going to assume you are a ‘rock/metal’ fan (Refer to video below). However, if you are looking for all this genius behind songs then I think you are in the wrong genre. If you want musical genius I would suggest you look back into the Romantic and Classical Eras, or maybe even Baroque if you wanted a more… primal edge to it - with the harpsichord and what not.


    (Spoilered for size)


    Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Anime'rebel'
    Lelel, rebel


    As for: When is it okay to fight back? Well, mostly what you said. When a girl is seriously trying to inflict bodily harm on you or when you're protecting others. I'm not disagreeing with that, what I am disagreeing with was the attitude you took in regards to the subject. Your "eye for an eye" stuff seems more like revenge or self-determined "justice" than protection.
    Oh the hypocrisy
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2013 at 12:17 PM.

  2. #132
    One Thousand Member JJJorgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    Anime'rebel', You're not making yourself look very good to the female species right about now. Quit your White Knight act. Cause I personally feel offended by your bullshittery.
    ^Seriously!!! And, also, A.R., there are so, SO many flaws to what you're saying(most have been pointed out by Aether). There are going to be some women that are stronger or more skilled in fighting than some men, always. It may take no more than two hits to severely injure a man, does that mean he should wait for the second because the person that hit him is female? That'd be ridiculously stupid. I doubt YOU'D just sit there being wailed on by a girl despite what you say here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

  3. #133
    One Thousand Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,385
    The thing I hate the most--legitimately hate--is content being blocked on Youtube because American copyright law is dumb and needs to be rewritten.

  4. #134
    Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Posts
    11,986
    Yknow, the woman vs man and vice versa thing is really a touchy one that can be warped depending on the person's background. A lot of stuff is just common sense though. My mother always told me "if she acts like a man, hits like a man, fights like a man, you can kick her ass like a man." Thankfully I've never come across a situation where I'd have to act on that.

    Back to things being warped on background though-- I grew up in a domestic violence situation where the male was the antagonist and situation sparker. Naturally I think that if you decide to lay hands on a woman, then I should beat the shit out of you. I lived like this for almost 14 years, so it's almost embedded in me.

    On the other hand I do agree with limits. No a woman doesn't have to be holding a gun to your head for you to lay down some law, but it first has to be justified as men are naturally, 98% of the time, physically stronger than your common female, and as such can inflict MUCH more damage in one blow than a female could.

    Now if I feel threatened, I'm not going to fight back, per-say, because that's not in me, I would never (fist) hit a woman under any circumstances, sadly. So I guess that makes me a bitch. However I would open-hand slap the fuck out of you, or subdue you if I feel you won't back down.

    As for the males NEVER being able to hit females as dictated by pretty much the whole world, yes, it is unfair, because there have also been domestic violence situations where the female was the aggressor, and if the male had done something to protect himself, the female could easily use that last bit of chivalry to her advantage and have the male jailed and probably imprisoned.

    At the same time I do think this 'restriction' has its advantages because it took so long for the point where it wasn't legal to beat up 'your woman'. 100 or so years ago, women were objects who may have fought back and got their asses beat because of it, then cried for equality and the common sense not to hit a woman, because men don't do that, right? Now they feel that men are pussies for just following what's seemingly right. This'll go back and forth forever unless it's dropped at a middle-ground.
    What happens if we let the male's manly attitude traverse across genders? We'd be hearing about a lot of cases where little girls are getting beat up for a love jab or something, and because the other kid didn't understand it.

    It's an odd gray area in my book.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

  5. #135
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,825
    I'll take all you women on in the ring 1v1 bring it

    Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    Please, tell us more.
    Like what

  6. #136
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,185
    when i used to do karate i was at a tournament and i had to spar with a girl and i was kind of hesitant at first but then she kicked me in the face and fucked up my nose so i kicked her right back in the head and then she dropped to the ground and i was like aw shit and they stopped the fight and called the medic dudes over but they werent paying attention cuz they were eating doughnuts and didnt notice for a while she turned out to be alright tho so thats good but basically the moral of the story is dont eat so much doughnuts and maybe dont underestimate ur opponents

  7. #137
    One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Like what
    Like what happens when one pokes the beehive. What do you not like about existence?

    I don't actually find existence all that great. If you want to talk about the value of life you have stumbled into a beehive with me.

  8. #138
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,825
    If you stumble into a beehive bees sting you. Existence is shit. I wish nothing existed ever.

  9. #139
    One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,458
    Why.

  10. #140
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,825
    Because everything about it is just poorly designed.

    Take the human body for instance. If you eat things that taste good you get fat. If you have to take a dump your entire life grinds to a halt. What even is the point of sleep? Why are there so many of us there are only maybe a few people that really matter anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •