Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr D's art

Mr D's art

Hi all, I decided to post some concept characters for my manga. I'd like to know which ones I should scrap or change, or how I can improve my lineart maybe. I'd really appreciate it! Some tips to have the characters look more like their personality would be useful too ^^

Here's some info:
    1 pretty important character in the story. Name: Elena Personality: very quiet but very powerful too. I decided to use dark clothing, but maybe I'll scrap/change the swords. They look so plain atm
    2 I might add this girl to the story. She's kinda a sweet looking killing machine, but I don't know what clothes she should wear
    3 (she can change her shape, like with the blades)
    4 Important character. Name: Ellen. Personality: friendly, searches affection and likes to talk, curious. Ellen and Elena are twins, so I gave them some specific eyes for them
    5 main character, I don't really like the outfit, but it's the best up to now. I'll probably redo his design unless a lot of people like it. He's friendly, kinda the average good guy. I want a manga
    6 when Ellen (4) transforms extremely far. I'm pretty pleased with the result. Maybe I should add more waist. She's 'made' the big thing out of her own body
    7 when Elena (1) transforms
    8 Another stage in which Ellen transforms
    9 10 11 don't really know about these. I might make them the enemies in the story, but that needs more thought.

Larger view: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...us-d3f6rtl.jpg

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Can I marry your sketching style?

Sure, it's still single ^^

wow, I've seen your youtube channel and deviantart too and you've really got great skills, especially in coloring... and I saw how you were drawing 3 years ago...there's a lot of improvement in your latest drawings :P and there's room for more XD so keep them coming

off topicl: if you're a fan of naruto, bleach and you like to watch amvs, check out my channel: youtube.com/insomniacVID
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

Hey thanks! I check out your channel right now ^^

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Great stuff man, loving the clean lines and detail. It's like crazy and organic lol. Reminds me of Prototype a bit.

Kodo's character Hevisa, now kinda fed up with looking at all those skulls lol. I tried to make it less realistic lol, I failed... I want to develop a manga-ish style that's faster to draw D:

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Whoa you finished and
    holy fuck words fail @_@

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Damn. That's fucking fantastic!

MR D <3333 glad to see you started your thread, loving ur art man :3

THOSE SKULLS WHAAAAAAT (would never attempt that) I would say for a simpler style just shading in the skulls in the background to make it faster like sketching it in but not as much detail as towards the front, the sketch at the top is too small resize please <3 yes yes.

Cloudy ^^
    Last edited by Cloudy; 06-07-2011 at 01:55 AM.