Thread: Marsrover Improved? (slightly NFSW)

Marsrover Improved? (slightly NFSW)

So, I kinda learned shading. (yay) How to do shading is really a well kept secret it seems, no tutorial really shows how to blend colors between skin tones or shadows that well. (which is why mine look bad) Anyway, please give me some feedback on this. Spent 1 night and like 2 hours the next day to finish this.

My oppinion is I didn't spend enough time on the legs.
    And normaly I don't draw slightly nude stuff. Also, I haven't looked at P00rn ever so i'm kinda geusing here.
    EDIT: On second thought after reading how to do ears and stuff. I'm TOTALY doing it wrong.
    Think I'll be coming back to the ears. Clean up the legs. Other improvements. So I hearby mark this a WIP.
    Still could use some C&C, only been drawing for a few months.
    Last edited by marsrover; 06-06-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I would highly recommend that you work on anatomy. You need to learn the basics, mostly about the forms of limbs and muscles. Arms and legs and bodies aren't cylindrical or tube-like, they have joints and raised portions and concave portions. If you need help, check out one of the anatomy tutorials on the main site or hit up the Groupboard. One of our regular artists can help you in person.

yeah atleast read most of Rio's tutorial list in there...
    you will understand what is the difference between drawing with information and just drawing with just instinct

after you read that and draws with information then we can critique your work better..
    if were going to point every single thing there is... i really wont know where to start... =.=
    oh and btw... no great artist have not seen nude body all their life.. believe it