Thread: Copic Markers

Hybrid View

Copic Markers

I've looked through a couple websites and I don't understand much about the different types. Does anyone here own copics and have any tips for begginers or a first time buyer like me? Thanks in advance!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It just really depends on what you want to do with them.
    I got one Pigma Micron (that lasted me forever) to use just for lineart. But there are also ones for color. And these are the ones with the most variety, chisel points, fat ones, fineliners, all that stuff. I wouldn't buy a while pack, just like, mix and match if you can find an art store that holds em nearby.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Look up (I think it's the right name) Lord Moufmouf on YouTube. She has a few tutorials on copics (what markers are best and which ones have brush tips/felt tips/lining tips and usual cost and things like that) and it's really kinda fascinating. She has tuts on colouring with copics and what paper is best to.

Heey (: there are a couple of stuff I read in dA that might help, such as :
    http://red-priest-usada.deviantart.c...orial#/d30qwbx
    or
    http://marker-love.deviantart.com/gallery/24137920

soooo yeah~ Just look around, there's a ton of stuff.
    And I'm there's even more outside of dA.

Copic isn't your only choice o: But they're pretty nice to colour with c:

OK so I bought my markers and there are some ruts left. Mostly it's a trial and error thing. It takes a long time to find them though, I had to drive for 3 hours to find them. I was going to get the prismas but one end dries out fast and NO REFILLS. Warning to future buyers!!!
    Last edited by Slurpee; 05-01-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I own Trias, Faber-Castell PITTs, Copic Sketches, and Prismas. I like the Faber-Castells for fine detailing the best because they're small and the brush tip is very flexible. I don't have much of a preference between Tria and Prismacolor, because they both have a streak factor, but if I had to choose, I'f go with Trias. They're refillable and have three marker tips--brush, medium, and fine. Copic markers aren't as hard-lined and graphic as any of the previous ones, but the color laydown has no streak at all. The only thing is that they're kinda expensive (not a big deal, though) and they bleed quite a bit, depending on the paper you're using, so you have to be careful and know your paper.