Thread: plz critique some of my work

plz critique some of my work

this i a chibi i drew with smooth draw 3

i know her face i a little weird but besides that

these are some of my recent pics plz critique

new pic that i drew as a request

got another new one

this one i drew a couple years ago
    Last edited by kine; 07-03-2011 at 06:15 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    quick tip, I know it's difficult especially when ruled paper is readily available but try not to draw on ruled paper. It's distracting and not really good for design/perspective. I draw on ruled paper all the time whenever I want to quickly get an idea down but after that I always draw the full idea on clean paper or clean it up digitally.

ok thx i jt use that cause its wats in my note book. i got a writng tablet so i should be good

From what I can see....*squints*....your basic anatomy and proportions are pretty good. I would recommend you focus on facial structure/anatomy. Make sure your eyes, nose, and mouth are centered in proportion to the head. Id like to see more...in a bigger size maybe? keep posting

thx for that (i dont think im good enough to exaggerate the size yet)

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by kine View Post
    thx for that (i dont think im good enough to exaggerate the size yet)
    I think maybe he ment bigger zoom/image size? I don't know though.

Tip: until you get better with faces and proportions, try not to cover their face with hair. It makes critique easier. At the least, add hair last after the rest of the face is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I think maybe he ment bigger zoom/image size? I don't know though.

Tip: until you get better with faces and proportions, try not to cover their face with hair. It makes critique easier. At the least, add hair last after the rest of the face is done.
    yea..thats what I meant o-o.

lol i thought it was the other thing but i took those with my phone so i couldnt zoom too much and i usually add hair last
    Last edited by kine; 05-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.

yeah it's so hard to see... >.< i know you have a scanner cause i saw your gallery already so why won't you post it scanned?

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    I will try my best to critique you with what I can see.
    Anatomy
    For the girl you drew, you have done well with the general porportion of everything. I would work on the shape of individual things now to improve your work. For example the shoulders on girls tend to be slanted downward such that they look more petite. Also waist to hip ratio is important. The hips should be larger than the waist, for example the hips could come out to the width of the shoulders but the waist tucks in to give a slender figure. Easiesy way to illustrate it is ' the figure should resemble an hourglass' in rough terms.

For the guy, I think you did a good job with the anatomy. Watch the facial shape though, heads tend to have a few more angles in them and arent just the circle and triangle shapes shown in tutorials. Its a good guideline but you need to really flesh out the jawline and similar. I suggest reference to get it looking attractive which is what I often have to do.

On the last picture I think the forehead needs to be bigger because his head seems to come to a sudden stop at the top.

Gesture
    Its good to draw straight on shots when you look for critique because it makes it easier to see. I think I would be able to better grasp your skill level and help you if you could show us some side views or other angles/poses as well.

Hair
    There are common places where hair grows on most peoples heads. Although everyone is different there are general shapes hair lines follow.
    The hair you have drawn in the final image I don't think follows these regular patterns.
    Hair tends to come down nearer the ears. Even if there aren't actual bangs down along the ear line, it still tends to taper off to a point near the ears ( like where side burns form ). And try to give it a bit of volume by adding some hear showing behind the head perhaps.

I hope I havn't come across as rude. Just trying to add something constructive. Its good that you always draw the hands too instead of hiding them .