Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I've heard only bad things about Hellsing. My cousin, who's taste I generally value, tells me that a lot of the secondary characters are good but that Alucard himself is basically a Gary Ste of epic proportions and has such ridiculous infallibility and plot armor that it kind of kills any tension or enjoyment.

Hearsay, I know, but while we're all tossing in our Hellsing experiences I figured I'd share.
To be fair, I can't disagree with him being overpowered to ridiculous extremities, but personally I like the fact that he does have at least an interesting vulnerability and said vulnerability makes at least some sense.

SpOiLeRs;
SPOILER! :
The fact that he uses consumed souls to restore himself and the fact that he has devoured a copious amount of them over his long life. But his weak point being the fact that if he releases them all in a torrent he essentially reverts back to a man.

However, I think there is kinda a superman conundrum in that... how do you give a creature that is seemingly invincible any sense of flaw or want. I think it's his bloodlust and his control/or lack thereof which makes him interesting, not the fact that he is some super vampire.

EDIT: and also his desire to be killed by a mortal