Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: PSN Down/Information Compromised

4 years!? Oh, great... even an antivirus that haven't been updated for 1 month is already considered as old...

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    I'll give that Sony is at fault for not releasing the information sooner, but that is about all thats truly their fault alone.

On the security update, it'd take enormous ammounts of downtime to update an international network, and Apple is known for taking up to a decade for security updates, to give a sense of scale. Upgrading your personal antivirus program is radically different than deciding to update a network. What they could do is possibly offer an optional program with non-forced updates.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Dokken: Only playing console games is a crime considering the best games of all time have either been exclusively on PC or also had PC ports. And you said "PC elitists", so I thought I would detail why the PC is superior in every possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Dokken: Only playing console games is a crime considering the best games of all time have either been exclusively on PC or also had PC ports. And you said "PC elitists", so I thought I would detail why the PC is superior in every possible way.
    Hey cypress, cypress. Are you listening? Cypress? Hey Cypress? Im gonna kill you

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    He's right though. I see no UT2K4 on consoles. And we all know what happened when UT3 came to consoles.....Just sayin'. I love consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
    I'll give that Sony is at fault for not releasing the information sooner, but that is about all thats truly their fault alone.

On the security update, it'd take enormous ammounts of downtime to update an international network, and Apple is known for taking up to a decade for security updates, to give a sense of scale. Upgrading your personal antivirus program is radically different than deciding to update a network. What they could do is possibly offer an optional program with non-forced updates.

The problem is that they knew there was a gate in their security and they didn't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    He's right though. I see no UT2K4 on consoles. And we all know what happened when UT3 came to consoles.....Just sayin'. I love consoles.
    Hey Gunzet, gunzet. Are you listening? Gunzet? Hey Gunzet? I'm gonna kill you

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    The problem is that they knew there was a gate in their security and they didn't fix it.
    I have yet to see any information regrading them not fixing a known breach in their defenses. If I just happened to have missed it, please do link. On that point, I'll say gain, all security systems can be broken into.

Welcome packages are up get yo free games

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Lol, I find that really ironic. That their consolation for people who were complaining about the downfalls of a free service is...more free stuff.