Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSN Down/Information Compromised

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    From what I've read, the vast majority of people are just mad at the hackers.

I've scoured the dark corners of the internet and opinions are all over the place. Some people are even putting the blame solely on george hotz. That's like blaming the beatles for charles manson.

But tbh I would avoid most of the discussions if you really hate stupid analogies because that is what ip law always comes down to.

I see, I see.

Still, the fact that all of the blame isn't on Hotz + hackers bothers the hell out of me. Are we so desensitized to crime that we can't even label a villain when we see one? srsly.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Don't know about you guys. But PlayStation was pretty cool without a network.

well from what i heard about psn being down it was rumored tht it wud b up by next week and tht sony was giving a free month of ps plus and as of your info being compromised cant say if its true or not but i also heard tht peoples credit card info might have been at risk

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I see, I see.

Still, the fact that all of the blame isn't on Hotz + hackers bothers the hell out of me. Are we so desensitized to crime that we can't even label a villain when we see one? srsly.
    Well uh hotz didn't do anything so thats one reason the blame isn't on him! Also some people believe sony was negligent in terms of security. That's not something I can elaborate on though, because like I said I don't understand ip law nor am I a security expert.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Don't know about you guys. But PlayStation was pretty cool without a network.
    Wow what a constructive post. Thanks for joining the conversation and sharing this with us!!!

Hotz did do something, though? o_O I mean, they didn't sue him for nothing. That's a waste of time and resources on Sony's part.

Well he jailbroke the ps3 and published the security code online. He has nothing to do with the hacker attacks aside from people saying he inspired them.

Hotz is not connects with the hacker attack, his case is complete different; he jailbroke the ps3 so you can use it while you use psn, and sony sued him for that.

This made a lot of debate about information, but basically Annons didn't attack Sony for suing Hotz, but more for the concept that information should be free and other stuffs they claim (yeah I don't remember all their allegations).

At the moment there hasn't be published who were the hackers or founded(?), but finding one guy is not going to stop this attacks.

They already arrested 5 of the hackers lol.

Okay, so the real story is that the hackers got into the system and Sony shut it down as a countermeasure. The downtime is due to them having officials thoroughly investigate the breach.

But yeah, I blame Hotz simply because he is the seed that sew the whole issue, not because he had a direct correlation with the actual attacks. And also, Anonymous making claims about free information is a joke considering they are Anonymous.