Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN Down/Information Compromised

PSN Down/Information Compromised

So most of you probably knew that psn went down a few days ago but apparently now our info is compromised. I'm posting this for anyone that might be affected.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...-and-qriocity/

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.
    For updates, Patrick Klepek from giant bomb has been contacting banks and sony. Here are some important tidbits.

Update 3: Valve has just told me that anyone who connected their PlayStation Network account to Steam via Portal 2 should not be worried, either.

"Steam has nothing to do with the PSN outage," said the company in the statement.

Update 2: Regarding rumors Sony may have notified banks days ahead of disclosing today's revelations to the public, I have since contacted customer service representatives at both Bank of America and Chase. I personally have accounts at both financial firms and the representatives claimed to have received no information from Sony about a mass breach of credit information.

Update: For those who were asking, Sony has just confirmed to me there is currently no way to determine what password you were/are using on PSN. If you're worried at all, you should probably change your password used across the Internet.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    My brother in law told me a bit about this last week some time.

First the psn was attacked by a bunch of hackers that were coming to the defense of the guy who first cracked the iPhone to be used on any network saying that because it's bought by you you should be able to do what ever you want with it including this (he cracked the ps3 to put simulators or somthing on it recently and put it up all over but Sony said nuh uh it violates the terms of blah blah blah and sued the dude). The hackers that took it down the first time are denying any involvement in this case tho.

(also the law suit against the dude has been settled out of court or something)

Off topic but related anyhow. Do I have something wrong tho?

You are a bit misinformed about the suit with george hotz. Psn wasn't attacked by a bunch of hackers, it was basically jailbroken and the security code was given out for everyone to use. Also he didn't crack the system to put simulators(?), it was for homebrew purposes after otherOS was removed for no reason. The issue was that it created a way for people to pirate games, which hotz says wasn't his intention.

Edit: Wait I think you were referring to anonymous when you talked about the bunch of hackers. Yeah that was pretty silly. As for claiming not to be involved, the obvious issue there is that they're not an organized group of people. They could really be anybody. That's like the whole point.
    Last edited by jubeh; 04-26-2011 at 07:52 PM.

To the original PSN hacker, I say good job. I know I'm just stealing a line from Extra Credits here, but generally, you don't mess with the kinds of people who install Linux on a Playstation.

But now it's kinda getting out of hand. I don't have Internet, therefore I can't play on PSN, but I know it's gonna suck for everyone who does.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I have no clue honestly. I have a horrible memory when it comes to things like this. It's still kind of creepy to think that some one can do that especially if there's more than one. I am not a fan of the ps3 and if shit like this is going on I'm not likely to change my stance.

wth, they got our personal information? that's pretty messed up.

Not ours. Just yours, john.

well if it make you feel better, you and other ps3 owner are in troubles, so you are not alone.

N-nande kurewa?!