Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109

Thread: The Contrarian Corner - Smashing Modern Warfare 2

  1. #11
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    So killstreaks work because it promotes hiding in a bush while the rest of your team actually tries to accomplish objectives. In a team based shooter.
    The only reason that works is because the other 90% of players can't beat "sit in a corner." It's the players not the game. A team that cooperates will always beat a team of individualist killstreak campers.

    Like I said, COD is a game best used for showing off and casual "I'll boot up the ol' Xbox 360 for some shoot'em up." It fills that role beautifully. Getting an 11 killstreak against good players working together is NOT easy. If you think it is you're good.

  2. #12
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    The only reason that works is because the other 90% of players can't beat "sit in a corner."
    When the best tactic in a game is to sit in a corner that game sucks ass. Unless it's called "Grandma's Rocking Chair Simulator 2011."

    It's the players not the game.
    You're claiming everyone just sucks at beating campers, when in reality camping is the single strongest tactic in the game. Yeah, people can't beat campers because they are not playing correctly. They should also be camping. And now we just have high stakes hide and go seek.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    A team that cooperates will always beat a team of individualist killstreak campers.
    That is a pretty bold claim in a game with a nuke. Also absolutes? Really?

    Like I said, COD is a game best used for showing off and casual "I'll boot up the ol' Xbox 360 for some shoot'em up." It fills that role beautifully. Getting an 11 killstreak against good players working together is NOT easy. If you think it is you're good.
    Okay this has nothing to do with your argument but I hate it when people call first person shooting games "shoot'em'ups" when the genre are nothing alike. You know, aside form the shooting part.

    Also you could say that about any game. It's also totally false because booting up COD for me is a painful and frustrating experience and an exercise in patience.

  3. #13
    999 Knights Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,123
    This thread should be changed to the "Hate on MW2 Thread".

    The thing about CoD is that it's severely unbalanced. The players that are higher level have an advantage as they have access to more weapons, a lot being outrageously overpowered, and this starts a chain. The newer players will start using weapons like the UMP45 and abuse it. They will also start NoobTubing, a lot of the times across the map, and they will start to camp. This causes the other team to get angry and do the same, and it just goes back and forth. The "One Man Army" perk also asks the higher level players to NoobTube across the map and switch their classes, or just continually NoobTube from one position. I have a friend who has gotten 7-8 nukes on Wasteland just because he throws stuns over the hedge, and if he gets a hitmarker he will throw a semtex, one man army, and repeat. He gets quads all the time using that technique, especially on Ground War. It's game of "Let's use any way possible, even if the other team doesn't have a chance at all to get a good K/D ratio!" Which is why it's bad. FPS's like BFBC 1/2 get rid of this by not including a K/D ratio, balancing most guns, and giving the players solid objectives in which they WANT to follow and work together to complete. If the players don't care about winning and only care about kills, this will always happen. Games like Halo and Gears of War balance this out by not including a ranking up system that gives you advantages over other players, and scattering weapons across the map, therefore giving the teams equal chance to get guns and kills.

    Hate on CoD all you want, but you should know by now that Treyarch/Warhammer and InfinityWard/Respawn will always follow the same rules in making multiplayer games because a crapload of people buy them. If they are selling and people are playing, they are happy. People buy CoD because it IS a good game, and a fun game, it just gets old quick when you get spawn killed by Chopper Gunners and NoobTubers in 80% of the games.

  4. #14
    Fenn
    Guest
    Jubeh, your whole argument is that camping is the best tactic and I challenge that.

    Are you seriously going to tell me that a team of randoms without mics camps, and another team uses mics and teamwork, that the campers will win? Fine, I'll revoke the "always" but most games the team working together will win.

    In reality, against a good team a camper will not get more than one/two kills from a spot, because the first person to die will call the spot out. Whoever enters the area next can flashbang, semtex, grenade launcher, or flat out rush the spot using ghost, lightweight, or other anti-camp perks. Maybe the camper gets one more kill. If he gets any more without moving, it's the other team's fault. If he does move, then guess what, he's not camping! Not to mention a full team of campers puts zero pressure on the opposing team. They can take their time communicating and planning out how to clear out the map.

    This will never happen because of the players that populate public matches. It's not the game's fault.

  5. #15
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    You are making a comparison between team with different conditions. Your prove need to be done under both teams under the same conductions (both team work and with mics).

  6. #16
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Jubeh, your whole argument is that camping is the best tactic and I challenge that.
    AHHHHH

    Are you seriously going to tell me that a team of randoms without mics camps, and another team uses mics and teamwork, that the campers will win? Fine, I'll revoke the "always" but most games the team working together will win.
    Not if the mic'd team is camping.

    In reality, against a good team a camper will not get more than one/two kills from a spot, because the first person to die will call the spot out. Whoever enters the area next can flashbang, semtex, grenade launcher, or flat out rush the spot using ghost, lightweight, or other anti-camp perks. Maybe the camper gets one more kill. If he gets any more without moving, it's the other team's fault. If he does move, then guess what, he's not camping!
    If you move once you're not camping?

    Not to mention a full team of campers puts zero pressure on the opposing team.
    Not if the campers are winning. I mean that is literally the whole reason you camp. You get the lead, you hide, the other guys get frustrated and walk into stupid set ups.

    They can take their time communicating and planning out how to clear out the map.
    Thats what I want as a camper. I want to run the clock.

    This will never happen because of the players that populate public matches. It's not the game's fault.
    "Never."

    "Always."

  7. #17
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Not if the mic'd team is camping.
    I don't care if it's a clan camping. If you can't move a person from a single spot that is your fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    If you move once you're not camping?
    If they only move once, they should only get 1-2 more kills max before they die/have to move again. This is not camping.

    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Not if the campers are winning. I mean that is literally the whole reason you camp. You get the lead, you hide, the other guys get frustrated and walk into stupid set ups.

    Thats what I want as a camper. I want to run the clock.
    Sure, but that entails getting the lead first. The other team just needs a few quick kills to take the advantageous spots from the camper(s) and force them to change their strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    "Never."

    "Always."
    Damn it jubeh. T_T

  8. #18
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    8,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    I don't care if it's a clan camping. If you can't move a person from a single spot that is your fault.
    Are you saying that if some guy is hiding behind some rock where you can't get them from behind and is barely visible and there's only one direction to get this guy AND he's got it covered... If someone can't beat that, its their fault? Don't you realize how retarded that is?

  9. #19
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Are you saying that if some guy is hiding behind some rock where you can't get them from behind and is barely visible and there's only one direction to get this guy AND he's got it covered... If someone can't beat that, its their fault? Don't you realize how retarded that is?
    Can't get them from behind: yes, this is an advantage

    Is barely visible: only matters for one, maybe two kills if the team is communicating. Also, good players will be aware of most of these spots; there aren't THAT many.

    Their's only one direction to get to this guy: and only one direction for him to get you.

    AND he's got it covered: explosives? flash bangs? ghost?

    Do you think the situation you described is a typical camping spot? That sure sounds like an incredible piece of real estate on the map that should be highly prioritized by both teams.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    501
    I'm not playing MW2 multiplayer (I only play BF2 multiplayer). Couldn't you flush that campers with some concentrated firepower? Grenades? RPGs? Or anything you have in MW2? In BF2 we have grenade launchers, tanks, artillery barrages, or even an attack chopper if there's one in the map.

    I also play CS multiplayer and usually we get information about campers location from dead teammates, so the remaining alive teammates could pick that campers easily (it's very convenient when you know enemy's location... and you're pretty sure he won't move from that spot).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •