Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The Contrarian Corner - Smashing Modern Warfare 2

Cool man I just played 10 not even a month ago. It's my favorite final fantasy since the combat doesn't demand me sweating my way through menus trying to find shit really fast. There are some plot holes but overall its a great game.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Cool, cool. FFX doesn't do a great job of suspending disbelief, but the battle system is great so I'm not complaining.

Also, I wonder where we're going to draw a line on realism for FPSs. Most people just assume: "the more realistic, the better the FPS" But look at CoD. Most of the people who dislike it dislike it for its more "realistic" aspects. Like dying in half a second. Which promotes camping. Because you die before you can fight back.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 05-29-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Half Life is the best as an FPS game IMO, everything in it is just perfect...

^ lolwut

Team Fortress 2 is betterer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

What's the difference? they're basically the same game, only that team fortress is online...

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Cool, cool. FFX doesn't do a great job of suspending disbelief, but the battle system is great so I'm not complaining.

Also, I wonder where we're going to draw a line on realism for FPSs. Most people just assume: "the more realistic, the better the FPS" But look at CoD. Most of the people who dislike it dislike it for its more "realistic" aspects. Like dying in half a second. Which promotes camping. Because you die before you can fight back.
    Long time ago I play'd AA. After that I can say "Fuck Realistic FPS!". Lets be honest, no one want to die in one shot, neither want to wait a entire round to play again. Then why someone would want a realistic fps?

I think people who want a realistic fps hasn't play a realistic fps, because if they do, they are going to see how boring they are.

Something tells me you're not going to like Operation Flashpoint... if you haven't played it yet that is...

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Also, Golden Sun's graphics looked a lot better on the GBA 7 years ago.
    That's like comparing apples with oranges. The older GS games were all done in sprites. To compare it with the new 3D graphics is not the same. I just wish the newest GS game was longer. It'll probably take them another 10 years to make the next sequel. =_=;

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Well, it kind of is the same because they used pre-rendered sprites from simple 3d models. And that looked better than actual 3d models, IMO.

-----

And whoa whoa whoa. I was skimming through the thread and realized that Clockhand compared Fallout 3 to Vagrant Story. NEVER AGAIN. Vagrant Story had a battle system that was smooth and polished and worked well as both an action and RPG variant. Fallout 3's battle system is a messy clash of ideas. I mean, c'mon, it's an RPG that plays like an FPS but uses an auto-aim system as the main focus of battle. It's like playing the most expensive aimbot simulator ever.

Borderlands was everything Fallout 3 should've been, minus 7 bazillion pointless sidequests. System Shock 2 almost perfected the FPS/RPG hybrid 10 years ago.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 06-05-2011 at 05:20 AM.