Can someone help me with some Ideas?
I've been thinking of some ideas for a story, but i don't think they're good. some are more developed than others. Also, the titles are bad. I'm trying to move away from the typical train-battle-fight-win kind of story.
1. Reassemble Empire
History-A science lab that has been testing human enhancement experiments has "let out" some of their subjects. They are lost and the company is shut down.
15 years later, a population of the enhanced humans have been discovered- calling themselves the "Core" and forming their own country. Humans see them as a threat, and band together to protect themselves. The small nation of "Core" mantains and uneasy peace with the rest of the world.
When the humans assassinate one of the top generals and, an all-out war breaks out between the two species. The general's daughter is taken by her mother, who lives in the capital of "Core".
After 10 years, the war still rages on, and the leaders of the humans invite the General's Daughter to a meeting- for peace, they say. They try to assassinate her, but she escapes.
She is discovered by a pair of techpirates, people who steal technology from the government. They now need to bring her to her home country to end the war.
In another world, calligraphers are the greatest warriors. By using magic ink, they can turn written characters into weapons. When the world tournament battles begin, a young ( and unprepared) calligrapher enters to win fame and fortune.
I don't have a name for this one-
In the future, a construction worker is contracted to build a Tower that will connect the earth to a giant space station orbiting it. Even though the job is very dangerous, he is offered a substantial salary and a bonus pay if he finishes the job. He needs the money, because his son is suffering from cancer in a hospital.
Earthbreaker- Humans have developed spacetravel technology and are fully capable of exploring unkown planets, but are reluctant to. They are forced to move out when a giant solar flare threatens to consume Earth completely. They quickly select a planet that can sustain humans and prepare to leave Earth forever. However, the flare comes early, and an emergency launch into space leaves only one ship- carrying 500 people- left to save the human race.
Yeah... they're not that good. I don't want to make something generic though. Please help reinforce the stories.
From the eyes of who is this story gonna be told (you name a girl, but I don't know where are you going to start the story and how are you going to present the background)?
Why there are tech pirates (pirates are the most stupid archetypes, cuz they need money for weapons and transport, if you become against society, you are less able to get those, and if they work for a estate organism, they are not pirates anymore)?
The "Core" are neo nazis?
Explain the body enhancement, and how where made the experiment (context; because it doesn't seems logic how they experiment with people, how they scape, how they did nothing until they become a country and you don't even tell how and where they made the country).
So far is a idea, but as any idea it need to be shaped.
Has no logic. Try to make sci-fi stories with logic.
Its still a pretty raw idea with no direction; gave a direction.
1.Ok,it's gonna be told from once of the techpirate's eyes. I want to give the background thru sort of a series of flashbacks.
The techpirates are more of theives + smugglers, not YAR pirates. "Core" are the enhancement people, and have different abilities- I'm working on those- and have formed their own country after many years. They are definitely not neo nazis, just anthoer race of people. The whole formation of the country and origin of core is history- i'm focusing on how the techpirates get the daughter back to core- the enmy nation.
2. The calligraphy is like martial arts.
3. forget it.
4. The survivors are stranded in space on their ship with limited supplies- they need to navigate to the new world. still need a main character.
Thanks for help.
1. Then call them smugglers or something like that (or gave them a special name), because pirate has a opposite meaning of what are you calling them. You need to integrate the story in a logical way, this mean: random flashbacks, random explanations and introductions type starwars are not well seeing.
2. I didn't ask about that. I just don't know the context, the world, the subjects, the events, etc. I know there is a tournament, and someone who want fame, but I don't understand the "Why" of all that.
You need plenty of work because the stories are still raw.
1. ok,so work on logical placement of events/storypoints? Ok, dropping name techpirates. i'll think of another one. I want to start with a brief history of "Core" and the humans, but want to reveal more later in the story too.
2. sorry. I didn't explain the story well in the first place. Basically the world is mythical, and it is currently at peace. Different kingdoms compete in battle tournaments to improve their "ranking" in the world. this makes these tournaments very important. The fighters in the touurnaments are calligraphers who fight using magic ink. They would write a character (say, fire) and they would be able to shoot fire until that character ran out of energy-based on their stamina. So the story is about a young boy who sees that the tournament is coming to his small country that never had any standing in the world. He steals ink from his town's calligrapher and sets out to the tournament. However, he has no idea how to use the brush, and goes to seek help. He accidentally bumps into the Top calligrapher in the area, who takes him as a pupil. He learns to fight while going thru the tournaments.
4. The main character, i've decided, is the captain of the ship. He encounters problems with his authority and the dwindling supplies. I don't think much large-scale fights could come out of this storyline.
Im writing down all these details so i can piece them togetherand acually get a story.
2. why is important the ranking? what gave each country/nation to have a winner? what win the winner? what wins the highest ranked country? and so and so. I would prefer to talk in here about something more similar to greek polis than big countries or nations. Also, I warn you about accidents, to many accidents in life are not good in a story.
4. build the entire argument, then post it.
Story no.2 reminds me of a particular ranger series (no, not Power Rangers, but the original Super Sentai one), Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. They use brushes (called Sodophone, also their transforming device) to write calligraphy. When they write fire, fire will come out, when they write protect, then a barrier will show up, and so on.
But each person have their own elements, so a water element type person couldn't summon fire as good as (or perhaps even impossible) a fire element type person. Perhaps you want to see the show...
7 8 9 Member
I like the idea of #2
not totaly refined but it could work. might get borring after a while if you have to draw other people drawing some fanticfal animal to fight against anothers. (lost my self there for a second)
anyway, i'd read it.
I don't wan to copy that show... They'll use scrolls and are not assigned their element. They just do what they want.
ok so #2. Basically, the tournaments are set up to avert war. The country who wins the tournamests have the most power over other nations. Each country has their own set of combatants for the tournaments, kind of like a sports team. The guy the proantagonist bumps into is just the best on his country's team. And there won't be too many accidents. I know that if you use too many accidents it screws your story.
[EDIT - Rio] Please use the Edit button if you want to add more text to your post.
You mean the Shinkenger show I told you? No, they don't need to use scroll. It could help (to use scroll) but not a must. And yes, they could write whatever they want, though it's not that simple... they need to have enough "mojikara" or in simple term: energy to write (or magic in your case). And if they're trained enough to write something, they will have a great difficulty producing desired result. Some letter (like seal) could kill the writer/caster. This seal letter shows up in the several last episode and become one of the "final" problem.