Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meh. Random-ish Stuff

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar

Meh. Random-ish Stuff

'Tis my original drawing of Seras Victoria from Hellsing, and thought "Meh. I wonder what people will think. So I took a photo of it, uploaded and then edited it by using the contrast and normalize buttons on gimp. So here they are:

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

First of all, welcome to the Artist Alley! Always a pleasure to see new members posting here. <:

As for your art, it's looking good! Have you tried digital art before?

Thanks! I'm trying to post 2-3 pictures per day and try to improve. As for the Digital Art: Nah. I use a ball mouse. Can't get a straight line using the line tool cause of it. Can't wait to get a scanner though, cause then the quality will improve a bit.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

If you're going the digital route, you should probably invest in a drawing tablet (not that iPad stuff, Wacom tablets were here first). It doesn't need to a big or expensive one, a $70 Wacom Bamboo fun will be more than enough to get you started and will help lots in digital art.

Also: YAY SERAS VICTORIA!

Lol. I'm NOT aiming for digital, I was just trying to use digital to help my lack of scanning. Since I'm taking photographs of the drawings (with my crappy webcam) I lose detail and line definition. Lol so as soon as I have one, digital items will disappear from me XD

And Duh, Seras is the MOST BADASS female Vamp. in all manga. The Halconnen Mrk. II Vladmir? Best weapon EVER XD

Depends on what program you have then, if you have photoshop for example you could mess about with the levels and use 'curve' to remove all the paper feel and strange light colourations c:

and yayaya, Seras <3
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

lol. I have Gimp. I'll play with the curve tool on there and see what it does. It's been to long since I last used it.

They need to make a sequel to Hellsing. Plain and simple. Like a legend set kind of story, that engraves her name in history like Alucard did.

And here's Natsu for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-10-2013 at 04:03 PM.

My character I'm developing

colored attempts. Decided to try giving her unbound hair on one.

Alright! Your recent art, due to the quality of the images, it's hard to see the true colours and whatnot. Your line art is very neat though, kudos on that!

Also one last piece of ehh, advice, I guess. If you're wanting people to comment on your thread, make yourself known in the community! Comment on other peoples threads, post critiques in the Critique Corner, get yourself out there! Build up a network! These things don't just happen. (:
    Last edited by Linz; 06-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.