Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Minecraft is friggin boring.
    Interestingly, from a game design point of view Minecraft Beta is fairly close to perfect, balance issues aside. The reward it gives you is given very soon after you take the risk required to get it (diamonds are always near lava, etc), and how valuable a material is links directly back to how much effort it takes to get it. The problem arises in that how much people value creating a house or a monument of some kind varies - if they don't enjoy the end result enough for it to be worth the effort of gathering materials, then they'll be disappointed and won't like the game. Also, as you grow more experienced, the risk required declines, making the game easier and less fun (this is my situation). So I suppose if you like standing in some digital temple of doom and gloating over your might, then you'll like minecraft. If you have better things to put time and effort into, then you won't.

Apparently you have better things to do than play Minecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Minecraft is p. boring to me too. I would've found it godlike if it existed 8 years ago.

On one hand when I look at the city we built on the mt server I can't understand how nobody could see the value in our efforts.

On the other hand whenever somebody builds something rad in minecraft I assume they have no life.

You know what I mean.

ya

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    If the circuitry setup was a little more intuitive and circuits didn't take a city block to build, then I would be more into Minecraft.

That's fair but recently he added a repeater I believe and they are working on pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    The reward it gives you is given very soon after you take the risk required to get it (diamonds are always near lava, etc), and how valuable a material is links directly back to how much effort it takes to get it.
    except the lapis lazuli its really rare but stupidly useless, unless you REALLY like the colour blue

Dude you have no clue how much I fucking love blue. It's like, almost purple. O_O

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    PlayStation was pretty cool without a network. Jubes was cooler when he drank real blood.

Fenn
    Unpopular opinion: It is possible to be simultaneously crude, aggressive, and even violent in nature while being just and charitable. There are enough "safe" outlets for violent aggression (contact sports, workouts, movies, video games) that one can express this side while remaining within the legal system and being a moral, logical, and even virtuous person.