Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Unpopular Opinions

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Marriage sucks
    experience: Years of watching Married... with Children.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Jackass is not funny. Tim and Erik is not funny but is gross and disturbing. Same goes for squidbillies and aqua teen hunger force.

If you dye your hair blonde you have to do the eyebrows to or you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    man thats not unpopular

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Cypress, divorce rates are so high now likely because now it's actually possible to get divorced and not look like a societal outcast. Historically speaking, I doubt marriages were happier in the olden days, and if those people had the option to get divorced and not seem disreputable I'm sure our rates would look insignificant.

OT: I don't believe gays should be allowed to get married, but not for the pregidous reasons, but for the same reasons I don't think aethiests should be allowed to marry. Because they do not belong to a religion that utilizes marriage and recognizes homosexual patnership (being gay and christian is such a self-destructive decision I can't comprehend it). I DO believe civil partnerships between any should have the same legal benefits that we give marriage though, and that the differences between marriage and civil union should be in name only.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    A marriage is not legal in America until it is recognized by the state. So even tho the idea of marriage is based on religion it has no legal merit if you only go through the church. Giving civil partnerships the same legal rights as marriage while nice defeats the point because it is then the same thing as marriage so why not call it what it is. It's a matter of right and wrong and not giving the same rights to gays and lesbians that straight people get is wrong.
    It's not about being treated special it's about being treated equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi500 View Post
    I DO believe civil partnerships between any should have the same legal benefits that we give marriage though, and that the differences between marriage and civil union should be in name only.
    Why not just abolish marriage and replace it with civil unions? Marriage is only a word, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Jackass is not funny. Tim and Erik is not funny but is gross and disturbing. Same goes for squidbillies and aqua teen hunger force.

Jackass can be funny at times
    Tim and Erik is fking retarded and as you said, gross and disturbing.
    Squidbillies can be funny...but overall it sucks.
    ATHF is disturbing, gross, and awesome. The best out of the selection.

Rock fans will kill me for this unpopular opinion:

I don't like the band Disturbed.

I've looked for a reason, I've listened to every element of their songs, but I just couldn't figure it out. I like bands/composers like Limp Bizkit, Nightwish, Rise Against, Harry Gregson-Williams and Celtic Woman. With that variety, I thought it would make sense for me to like Disturbed, but I don't. They make good "angry" songs that I listen to when I'm writing a violent scene, but I never to them for fun, as I do with the groups above.

Also, on the stair thing from earlier, I find it very stupid that millions are being spent to make life guard towers handicap-accessible (can't remember where), when you can't be a lifeguard if you're handicapped.

I believe marriage can be a beautiful thing. People these days are too hasty in their decisions, though. When people say a couple fighting is a sign that they care about each other, I think they're full of crap. Fighting is discourse. Discourse leads to divorce. I think people should be a lot more careful in that sort of thing. High school relationships? Guy wants sex, bangs girl, separates after she becomes pregnant because, even though he might have THOUGHT he truly loved her, he doesn't want to bear the responsibility of a child, therefore dumping it all on the girl. And that's just at the high school level, but the same thing applies to the older age groups. People marry hastily without getting to know their partner, thus dooming any kids they've had to switching parents every week and watching their parents fight whenever they get together. The studies I've read have shown that children with divorced parents are a lot less likely* to succeed and a lot more likely to become delinquents, or some kind of prick in general. *LESS likely. Does not mean all the time. So those of you with divorced parents who want to challenge me, I rest my case.
    Last edited by Matt; 05-05-2011 at 10:00 PM.

What about us bastard kids?

On music I don't like slayer and metallica, I just find them so boring.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Why not just abolish marriage and replace it with civil unions? Marriage is only a word, after all.
    That being the core idea.

@Psy: I've just always considered the term marriage to defer to a unon of a man and a woman(as I have yet to hear of a religion that utilizes same-sex marriage as a concept, although there may be those don't speak against it outright), and if I was a ember of said religion, I would not want another couple being called something from our religion which our religion does not accept. I just understand this a plausible cause members of said religion would be offended by the notion of gay marriage, even if the individual offended is all for gay rights.

It's a little weird to put it into words, but I'm sure you get the point. The word "marriage" also just sounds unromantic IMHO.

I also don't like metallica.