Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Unpopular Opinions

Your Unpopular Opinions

In this thread discuss opinions that you have that could be considered unpopular. For instance, if you think racism is excusable or if you think Twilight is anything other than horse vomit.

This thread seems like a hate war waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    This thread seems like a hate war waiting to happen
    This reminds me if you can't back up your opinions you probably shouldn't post.

Anyway.

Modern warfare two is a giant positive feedback loop and a game played through camping ironically adored by a community that ostracizes campers.

The trigun anime was better than the manga.

Dragonball z kai is better than the old dubs. Yeah I said it.

Fenn
    Autotune sounds good sometimes. I just wish the people editing the music got as much credit as the so called "artists."

Verbal abuse should never be met with a negative reply, regardless of whether you feel you are justified. Either laugh or ignore it. Responding to it with anger or sadness is basically saying "I give you the power to determine my emotions."

Nerds are awesome.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    If I agree with you, does that mean I'm disagreeing in the context of this thread?

Do we fight after that?

Because I agree about Modern Warfare. So do 2 of my room mates, who are hardcore FPS fans.

Essentially every opinion I've ever shared on MT would go here, as they've proven to be quite unpopular, despite however rational. mmmnyesss~

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Verbal abuse should never be met with a negative reply, regardless of whether you feel you are justified. Either laugh or ignore it. Responding to it with anger or sadness is basically saying "I give you the power to determine my emotions."

Hold on, isn't that the exact opposite?
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 04-23-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Agreeing is part of the fun of the thread and yeah you have some interesting opinions.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    TBH, my opinions aren't interesting as you make them out to be. I just end up going on a one-man stand because I'm usually the first (and last) person in a thread to disagree. It's not like I have some kind of alien perspective on things; I just tend to be the odd one out.

Anyway, I think sex overrated, the true enemy of Feminism is women and skinny jeans are stupid. I think it's wrong for men to wear womens' clothes because it's contrary to the design and that winning against the odds is the truest indicator of mastery.

I don't like internet talk, even though everyone uses it (I'm not trying to start a fight at all. ) But when people use "brb" and "lol" and "rofl" and many even here on this site, it takes me FOREVER to figure out what the hell people are saying. Even IMO took me a long time. I always hate to ask what the hell ones means, because then I look like a dumb ass...which I am, but that's besides the point. I do have reasons for not liking them. They are as follows (and my reasons are not limited to these three, but these are the main reasons):

1) Lazy
    2) Confusing
    3) Unnecessary most of the time.

It's not that hard to type out the words, especially for the generation of internet people using them. You've probably been typing since you were at least in grade school, maybe even longer.

I don't mind abbreviations, like "laser" (actually, a true acronym) or things that are wide known, but most I don't like. Sorry for those of you who use them. I just don't like them.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ultimate fighting is just around as an excuse for straight guys watch men hump without being called gay. Half the time it's one guy with his arms wraped around the other grinding and rolling on the floor sweating. The same goes for wrestling. Men in skimpy outfits that are just fancy underwear and grabbing eachother by the crotch or heads between legs? Yeah that's gay.

I agree about Dragonball Z Kai.

Drinking alcohol is lame. What is the point? You WANT to get drunk off your ass? Why? It helps you relax but what does that get you? You are just more likely to fuck up now.

Smoking weed is addictive. Maybe not the way nicotine is addictive but people still become dependent upon it. I've seen plenty of people just act like they are going to have a seizure because they need a joint. Plenty of people admit that they can not go a day without it.

People who wear jeans and flip-flops are either gay or a douche. This could just be guys but it's still true.

Emos look hot/cool. It's their attitudes that fuck it up.

I believe psy just called me a douche. Heh.
    I wear them because I hate wearing shoes they just protect the feet from whatever the fuck some asshole left on the ground (namely broken glass).