Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Megaman Legends 3

Nice analogy reg.

Here's the interview where inafune goes off on an analogy spree.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411847

Sucks the dude had to leave right as he got the go ahead to make his dream game.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I have low expectations for this game, but will play anyway.

@Regantor:
    I haven't played RE5 so I can't say much, though from clips and trailers, I don't really like it. BTW, RE5 is directed by Inafune, right?

Wikipedia says it was Kenichi Ueda and Yasuhiro Anpo. So, eh, I don't know how much involvement he had...

Anyway. I'm currently trying to buy MML one and two on on the PS1... Geeze they are expensive now. Wish you could get them on virtual console or at least PSP. x_x

Hehehe, I already bought both MLM 1 and 2 way back then. I instantly fell in love with these Legends series (and I already love Megaman series). Legends is my most favorite Megaman, at least until Capcom release another different series that could beat Legends.

BTW, is it true that Megaman Legends 1 first appeared in Nintendo 64 (titled as Megaman 64)?

is megaman legends like battle network

complete opposite I think.

Is more like a third person rol game with shooter gameplay.

Megaman Legends is third-person action-RPG (the POV is from behind the character). You control Rock Walnut (or Mega in US) as he explore underground dungeons and other locations. Unlike Battle Network, it all happens in real world and you control Megaman himself. You have two weapons, the usual rock buster and another sub-weapon that more powerful but have ammo cap. Since this is an RPG, you have to collect money, items, and equipments. The setting is in a world where most of the land have been submerged under water and power source is really rare. You are a hunter that seeks that power source (in form of some kind of gem).

Oh, and like lots of RPG protagonist, you (Megaman) is a young boy that lost his memory...

Its good that a 3rd MML comes out, but for crying out loud: FINISH THE OTHER MM GAMES!!! I mean the only closed story game is MMZ, all the other are still open...

MMX pretty frequently alludes to the original series ending with some kind of gigantic war, and Zero being created by Dr.Wily... MMZ, on the other hand, outright states that the "elf wars" occured after MMX and killed off both the original bodies of X and Zero... Then the pretty obscure MMZX games supposedly links the first two series with Megaman Legends, which I guess is going to get reverse-referanced a whole bunch with the new game.

Really, I think it's a very weird case of always ending the various series off screen, so that they can keep making new games. (ΘεΘ;)