Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do u want to learn from pro-manga artist?

What do u want to learn from pro-manga artist?

Hi, everyone!
    I am an assistant director from japanese tv production company.

I am planning to make TV program about Manga Drawing which would be broadcast to all over the world from Japan.
    If your favorite Japanese manga artists show on the TV, what do you want them to do? and What do you learn from them? do you want to watch their working? or what??

please please give me some opinion to make this program come true!!!

Thank you:)

P.S.
    and even if the question you want to ask is already posted, feel free to post the same question or just say "i agree with ***". its also important to know how many people want to know the same things!

Maybe it will be nice of them if they will have some tutorials on some kids... And it will be awesome if it will be viewed all around the world..
    This.. to inspire the young ones to draw... :)

Talk about their standard of living, how much they get paid. That sort of thing.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Talk about the positive and negative sides of being a mangaka. Does it effect time spent with family and friends? Is the money worth it? How stressful is the job? Do they regret the decision to go pro? How long did it take them to get to a pro level? What advice can they give to an aspiring mangaka?

There are enough "show me how to draw" things out there. It would be more interesting to learn what comes with being a mangaka and see the process of creating a manga but not necessarily how its drawn more like the time sacrificed and put into making the manga or manga chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by 76
    Talk about the positive and negative sides of being a mangaka. Does it effect time spent with family and friends? Is the money worth it? How stressful is the job? Do they regret the decision to go pro? How long did it take them to get to a pro level? What advice can they give to an aspiring mangaka?

There are enough "show me how to draw" things out there. It would be more interesting to learn what comes with being a mangaka and see the process of creating a manga but not necessarily how its drawn more like the time sacrificed and put into making the manga or manga chapter.
    I agree. That and how did they go pro? Lucky break?or lots of effort, perseverance etc? and what is the usual way one becomes a mangaka, how they became one, the pitfalls on the way, the memorable moments etc..

Thank you for your guys answer!
    some questions did not be come up with my brain...i will ask these topics to mangaka!

i keep to call for your opinion!!

Thank you:)

Quote Originally Posted by 59
    Talk about their standard of living, how much they get paid. That sort of thing.
    I agree, this is a good point. I think anything about their daily life is a good topic as long as it's not too personal.

I want it as personal as possible.

That'd be rude!!!

Yeah, that's what I meant. Be as personal as you can be when inquiring about their life, but there would be a limit so as not to be disrespectful to them. Sorry to everyone who wants to know how often they use the washroom.