Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Developers Thread

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    Ren'ai games are like those dating games right?
    Yup. Also included are visual novels.

@ Cypress
    Wow, I didn't expect you to be into RenPy games. What games did you play?

Did someone play may game yet, does it suck that bad? One day after I posted my last reply to a question people has been ignoring me on everything on this site. Did I do something wrong (other than that one thing I did which was stupid on my part)?
    Is it because I don't have a icon? I don't know how to do it.

Oh and the Unity Engine that uses java and other programming languages is a good engine. It's a 3D and 2D.5 engine!
    Last edited by Handy333; 04-27-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Personally, I have very little time to dedicate to video games so I only tend to play those that I bought. Maybe you should consider making a siggy pointing to the thread of your game. I actually forgot you made that and others may have as well.

As for being shunned - it's all in your head. Either that or there's really not much to reply to you about so there's no response. :shrugs: Anyways, you should be like Fenn. His threads used to end right after he creates them but he's kept at it and his Anime Boston thread seems to have stayed alive despite his curse.

I want to get Jaidurn into ActionScript so I can make a Flash game for Newgrounds with him but he's obsessed with mastering Game Maker. Dunno what the hell's wrong with him, but does anyone know of any good books for getting acquainted with AS 3.0? I want to buy him one and send it to him as a present, and I don't know how useful the Dummies book on it will be, and if there's a more complete guide, I want him to have it.

Ugh, I dislike Dummies books. They're all too much text on the useless stuff and not enough of the meat-and-bones unless you're like 150 pages in the book already. You should get this: ActionScript 3.0 for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Classroom in a Book. Books directly endorsed by Adobe are great. They know the ins-and-outs of the software and they tend to have nice examples and walkthroughs - stuff you can actually sink your teeth in.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I've used Actionscript before in school....tedious stuff.

lol Any coding is pretty tedious. What makes it bearable is the end result. :3

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea I know. But the framework is just so....ugh I don't know. I don't like it. I'd do C whatever before I touch AS again.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Ugh, I dislike Dummies books. They're all too much text on the useless stuff and not enough of the meat-and-bones unless you're like 150 pages in the book already. You should get this: ActionScript 3.0 for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Classroom in a Book. Books directly endorsed by Adobe are great. They know the ins-and-outs of the software and they tend to have nice examples and walkthroughs - stuff you can actually sink your teeth in.
    O_O
    FUCK YEAR THANKS

so far its only a demo
    lets see signatures need a special type of coding right?