Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Developers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Depends on the genre, but of course just building based on fan demand is domed to fail. It's a balance between (A) creating what you believe is best for the game, (B) considering what gamers say they want, and (B) knowing what gamers will actually appreciate. You also can't adhere to a single section of the fanbase.
    I don't think that could work. And I don't believe in the "I will do this game from a consumer perspective", its like saying "I'm going to do this child book from a child perspective", you need to look the games from a developer, designer, producer, director, writer and so on perspective. It's about "a game I want to make", but its hard to do that if you are just a consumer, because consumer likes many things and are not focused (and neither know very deep the many elements that made the product a good product).

Fenn
    Clock shut up just because I have no idea what I'm talking about and am basing everything I post on this site on uneducated speculation and theory doesn't mean you can just call me out like that.

Like what?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Like what?
    I'm a sensitive soul, you can't just tell me my ideas won't work. Let me down easy dude.

I haven't told you that, I told you I don't believe its a good idea and told you because I believe that.

Are you in your period?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Hahaha. Yeah, Fenn. ARE you IN your period?

He is swimming in it.

Fenn
    Just fooling with you, bro. I was in a rare mood yesterday. Biologically, if I was having a period I'd have gone to see a doctor FAST.

This part of the conversation made me lol, also you both have good points. A agree with clock, you have to look at the game from the perspective of the creative field you work in, but Fenn is right too you also have to look at it from a consumer's point of view. Hence play testing and market research.

Quote Originally Posted by Inksprout View Post
    This part of the conversation made me lol, also you both have good points. A agree with clock, you have to look at the game from the perspective of the creative field you work in, but Fenn is right too you also have to look at it from a consumer's point of view. Hence play testing and market research.
    I don't disagree with that, specially in the last part. But specially as I agree in the last part, the consumer point is not about "I" is about "they". You do a market test and you do it with a lot of people to have a average idea of what the consumer wants, because the developers is not the consumer anymore.

I agree with that, but I disagree with how fenn is using it.