Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Developers Thread

Unity's free version is absolutely amazing, and offers a LOT. And with being able to write your own scripts in either C#, Javascript and some shit called Boo you can really customize it. I think you'll be able to do a LOT with it. All depends on your own skills and your imagination lol

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblaze123 View Post
    Unity's free version is absolutely amazing, and offers a LOT. And with being able to write your own scripts in either C#, Javascript and some shit called Boo you can really customize it. I think you'll be able to do a LOT with it. All depends on your own skills and your imagination lol
    Shoot, I don't have any programming language. I know GM, which I taught myself, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Hahaha what
    I didn't know if the free version was a miniscule sampling that enticed you to buy the full version.

Stop making fun of me, it hurts my feelings.

I wasn't making fun of you its just that comparing unity to gm is like comparing a les paul to a daisy rock.

Though apparently its hard to program 2d games with it. Can anyone confirm that.

i like lolipops...
    Last edited by BlueExorcist; 09-03-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I wasn't making fun of you its just that comparing unity to gm is like comparing a les paul to a daisy rock.

Though apparently its hard to program 2d games with it. Can anyone confirm that.
    Yeah I was being facetious.

If I ever get programming skill, I'll use unity. My original dream for the game was 3d. I'm doing 2d because i can make it without taking several classes first.

Im working on a first person rpg. I started with the system first because I didn't think I could do it..but I did. Now to work on mechanics.

Here's a classic sort of look kind of like dark spire's alternate graphics.

This is more contemporary. Textures aren't mine, just a kitbash of snes sprites I stuck together. Since Idk what the theme is gonna be I can't really do graphics yet.

Unity is really easy to learn and has an amazing community to help you out. There are loads of tutorials and the user manual is super easy to understand. I have literally only the most basic programming skills in Java script and I've been able to use unity. I've had to use it for my university course. Here's a sample of my last project which I think we had about 6 weeks to do, from concept and small design doc to this prototype level, if you're interested in seeing something amatuer made with unity (You just need to download the web player)

http://raws.adc.rmit.edu.au/~s3285133/Cavernology

If you actually want to do 2D a bunch of people in my course also did 2D games and they didn't have programming knowledge either. No one at university actually taught us how to use unity so it really is easy to learn from the internet.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Man. I would revive my game if I wasn't so lazy and out the loop.

Gunz whatever happened to your GM game

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Same thing that happened to IIIF. Got bored of the process, procrastinated forever, and now it's sitting in a folder on my other laptop.
    It also had a giant memory leak that I couldn't figure out the cause of. That halted the development big time.