Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food!

Food!

I was thinking about this for a very long time. So yeah, food. Discuss all kinds of food from all over the world here (except Ramen, coz you know, it's got its own thread).

Favourite food, recipes, quick-fixes, experiments in the kitchen and new creations (however awesome or disasterous), anything and everything that tickle the taste buds and make your guts growl.

Once I tried to make eggs with teriyaki sauce. It was okay, but I don't think I'll ever make it again.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I like chitlins with hotsauce. And for those who don't know, chitlins are pig intestines. Yes you usually have to clean the shit out of them, yes if you don't clean them right; they not only smell like shit, but sort of taste like it too. And yes, it's an aquired taste not for everyone.
    I usually eat it around Thanksgiving day. But it's so great made by people who know wtf they're doing.

Another food I just effing love is...ok I don't know what it was, but it was a Vietnamese food. You have these rice discs that you dip in hot water, and they get really sticky and soft. And you wrap up anything you want in it and chow down.
    I need some more of this...like really.

I'm big fan of all kind of food.

I love Peruvian food: Cebiche, Aji de Gallina (Chicken Chile), Chupe de Camarones, etc.

Also I love Mexican food: Taco, Burrito, Quesadilla, Mole Poblano, Cochinita Pibil, Guacamole, etc.

Love canton chinnesse food (we all know the food), korean (lamion), japanese, Hindu (I fucking love curry and gulab jamun), Italian (pizza, taglarines, lazagna, rissoto, etc), french, irish, spanish (paella wuju!!!), arabic, and so.

I'm always searching recipes.

Also, if you like sushi (or not), try cebiche, is also raw fish, but is way better.

whats the best type of paella

Sea Paella (paella marina). I have a special love for sea food.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Same with me. ^

Crab legs, calamari, lobster, scallops, shrimp, mussels, talapia.

I gotta say though, when I went to Jamaica and went to the Japanese restaurant in the hotel, it was some of the best food I've ever had. Tempura, tofu soup, teriyaki beef and grilled chicken cooked right in front of you with a load of side vegetables and rice. If I could just have that one more time...

Edit: Clock, if you were talking about ceviche then I know you have a taste for good food. I've had talapia ceviche and beef ceviche. Amazing stuff.

Same, love sea food especially dragon rolls. :]

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I like chitlins with hotsauce. And for those who don't know, chitlins are pig intestines. Yes you usually have to clean the shit out of them, yes if you don't clean them right; they not only smell like shit, but sort of taste like it too. And yes, it's an aquired taste not for everyone.
    I usually eat it around Thanksgiving day. But it's so great made by people who know wtf they're doing.
    Chitlins huh? I call it tripe. Good stuff - nice and soft. You don't get them from the supermarket already cleaned out for you? Gunz, you need to get to an Asian supermarket and buy one that's clean and fresh off the meats section.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Chitlins huh? I call it tripe. Good stuff - nice and soft. You don't get them from the supermarket already cleaned out for you? Gunz, you need to get to an Asian supermarket and buy one that's clean and fresh off the meats section.
    Tripe, speaking of tripe. Menudo is so effing awesome. It's a Mexican spice soup basically. With pieces of cow stomach *and other parts?* and hominy. Best if you throw some fresh lime in there along with some parsley.

And I dunno, I've never bought the chitlins lol. My fam always gets these buckets of half-cleaned ones. Guess it's tradition or something.

One thing I learned last Thanksgiving was NEVER, for the love of all that is sane, NEVER leave leftover chitlins. Eat em on the spot or they'll turn into this horrible greasy solid that leaves a lingering smell in the dish used for weeks...ugh.