Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime you want a new season of or remake of

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I can't see a reason for wanting a champloo sequel that isn't selfish. Can you tell me how the story could benefit from a sequel
    For my own selfish reasons. I just want more Champloo...maybe I'll get the game.

@ Rio - That's cool. I remember reading in the manga that the creator was pretty unhappy with the anime adaption.

Gunz@ Selfish ideas like that, is what create continuations of perfects series that end destroyed and raped. If you really love it, let it go (or everything is going to be raped).

Arashi@ Animes that are adapted from mangas, are as it says: Adaptations. With this sayed, are not made what the manga is, but a synthesis or a reflection of what the manga is. And when people is hooked by the anime, are forced to keep going through the manga.

Also, the amount of time doesn't tell if a story is bad or not. It's the quality worked in that amount of time what tell us if the story is good or bad.

Now, there are adaptations that try to be what the manga is, and we all know how those fails. It destroy the Anime or the Manga, so we should never let a adaptation to be the original content (it doesn't make happy to the fans or the casual audience). Only few animes can gave themself this luxury, but at the end, everyone is going to go for the manga.

I agree with Jubeh with the videogame analogy: it's bad. But, we do make remakes of series or movies when the technology allows us to make it visually better (sadly, it can rape the story... we don't have better technology to make better writers).

rio@ I want to see the new Makoto Shishio.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Gunz@ Selfish ideas like that, is what create continuations of perfects series that end destroyed and raped. If you really love it, let it go (or everything is going to be raped).
    True. . . Bah.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Games are fundamentally different why would you even say that. You can release a game sequel to refine mechanics, to balance gameplay, and to include new features. Not to mention an earlier game in the series is going to be held back by the technical limitations of the time. And it is completely possible for a game to make the previous iterations obsolete. I think you need a better analogy.
    You can have a sequel that refines the animation, develops character back stories, ect. A better analogy may be in order, books for example, but it still stands.

Also, yay Rurouni Kenshin remake.

@ ClockHand I agree thats it's the quality that matters. Anime adaptions from manga aren't always worse then the manga (most of them are, but still), and people who got hooked on the anime may not be able to access the manga, or not enjoy comics as a medium, or like me with some series, the battles in manga are hard to keep track of due to bad planning on the artists part leaving me unable to tell whats going in fast paced scenes.
    Last edited by Arashi500; 04-19-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Accept your defeat mortal WUAJAJA

Clannad was (IMO) one of best anime ever created, and if it didn't have a second season it'd prolly suck. Squishing too much story into a small space would make an anime, or anything really, bad.

Ozz@ I disagree, how is possible that Nolan did a great job to put in discussion what the comic books did in Dark Knight and doing it in a extremely synthetic and new way? How was possible that Peter Jacksons did such adaptation of the Lord of The Ring books (we all know that he took away many things, but is considered one of the best book adaptations)? Or The Clockwork Orange (its a book) or The Fight Club (another book)?

Any of those is 100% the same as the book, and it take away many things that are in the book. Even so, this movies are perfects adaptations, and are great.

Eva should get another remake!...

Lol, j/k.

Seriously, through, the new upcomming Appleseed series thing has me worried. The manga was incredible, but the CG movies they made a while back sucked... There is a 50/50 chance this new thing could be either super nice or mega fail. >_>

EVA already got a remake, right? In the form of Trilogy movie?

I hope this time they Kenshin ending truer to the manga counterpart (just like FMA:Brotherhood). But I'm willing it will, since if not, why bother the remake?
    Last edited by LVUER; 04-19-2011 at 09:57 PM.