Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious thread

Sigh... that's why I told you that I'm being serious and asking what are we talking about (remember when I first arrived at MT and found that I'm one of the few of serious people in MT?).

To reduce heart failure, I agree with GunZet, enough (and routine) exercise and careful with what you eat. Stop eating junk food (that means fast food, yes, you Mc.D!!!), eat more veggies, stop smoking, and stop drinking beer. I think all these problems is common in US or other western countries... Here we don't have much fast food (and it's expensive anyway), too much veggies here, and drinking beer isn't a common habit. Still heart failure is one of killer disease here too because of lack medical technology and experts.

To reduce the risk of heart failure seems to have a consistent agreement of an answer here. However, I'd like to expound upon this a bit, in some considerable detail. Exercise is about purging weakness from the body. I believe in extreme exercise, to maximize the amount of weakness reduced per workout. I suggest running 2 or 3 miles daily, if you can handle that, on top of 2 sets of 35 push-ups, 2 sets of 50 crunches, 2 sets of 50 bicycle kick/abdominal rotation, and 2 sets of 50 sit-ups as a general light but effective purification process. By no means does the purification end here. You must eat well, and as GunZet said, consulting your food pyramid is an important process in choosing the right diet for you. For breakfast every morning, to get yourself started well, I suggest 1 serving of plain Quaker Oats with 12 almonds, 6 walnuts, one pack of raisins, and perhaps stevia, if you can't handle the bland, tasteless texture of plain Quaker Oats. Snacks are crucial in maintaining good health, as is portion. Never at any point during the day should you be more than normally hungry. You should eat many small, healthy snacks during the day to keep a stable amount of energy.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Excellent advice Sylux. Yes you make many specific points. But another I would like to build upon is the psychological toll it takes on a person.
    Dieting is simple, yet following it is another story. You see, you may end up forcing yourself to diet, but this is the wrong way. As many doctors have said, you must be willing to put yourself through the process or it will not work.
    When you force yourself to go through with a process such as this, it can easily be described as an eating disorder no matter the reason. A disorder is a disorder, and it must be dealt with accordingly.

I thought the desire to change was understood? It truly is much more than a diet, it's more so a lifestyle choice. You must choose to live with a sound body, which, to exist in such a manner, requires efficient and non-excessive fuels and vigorous maintenance. With a sound body eliminates insecurities, which brings you one step closer to a sound mind. Soon enough follows a sound soul, and who would not like that?

Indeed doctor. Your body is a vessel and you must be willing to take care of this vessel or it falls apart. Similarly to the fact that if Satan inhabits your body as a vessel, he would need to maintain it constantly or it would spontaneously combust. That's a radical comparison I know, but it is true.
    You are right when you say it is more of a lifestyle. Some people live to diet. It's what they strive for. While it is not smart, it is the way of life they chose.
    The smart route is to live your life healthily. Pushing oneself into a state of OCD to achieve the fabled 'perfect body' makes no sense.
    It is getting comfortable in your own skin that matters, and that is the real battle.

Comfort is key, dear friend.

Then we have come to a conclusion. Now onto the next item on the agenda.
    Whoever is carrying it, please read aloud so that we may all chime in. I am dearly sorry though. My projector broke, preventing my PowerPoint presentation.

Is it morally acceptable to subject others to physical and mental trauma to fulfill your desires, and are you then able to objectify it as to whether it is moral or amoral?

Topic is now toothpaste

Toothpaste is the devil. I have been told this by countless reliable sources across the internet, and in my church which I frequent every Sunday. You are open to speak your mind of my statement.