Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 117

Thread: Video Game Ideas

  1. #41
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Z'ha'dum
    Posts
    5,604
    god i hate blue shells so much

  2. #42
    Super Senior Member Outcast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    (・ω・`)
    Posts
    2,424
    Blue shells are so fucking useless and getting pelted by 6 in one is such bullshit. T_T

  3. #43
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    The top player being rewarded the most still causes a positive feedback loop even if the losing team gets it. Then it's just a blue shell.
    Huh? Are you sure you understood that? BOTH teams get equal amounts of support, but the better players on EACH TEAM get to utilize the stronger support.

  4. #44
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,847
    Yeah so the best players who are killing the most mans now have more opportunities to kill mans.

  5. #45
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Yeah so the best players who are killing the most mans now have more opportunities to kill mans.
    So? It's team deathmatch! Isn't the point to kill the other team, not to compete with your teammates for kills? Would you rather they be dished out randomly so your level 3 support goes to a noob with no clue how to use it, while the other team's level 3 goes to their most experienced player?

    That reminds me of an idea for a shooter game mode (for any game): rival deathmatch. Since the average gamer jumps online and plays team deathmatch for K/D and individual skill, why not make a mode for just that?

    The rules:
    - Two teams.
    - The goal is to beat your rivals (the players on your team) to X kills against the other team.
    - So, in a five on five match, you are competing against four "rivals" (who you can't hurt) to kill the remaining five players
    - Your targets are also competing against each other to kill you guys.
    - First player to reach X kills wins the match.
    - Rewards are also handed out to the top scoring player on the other team and the top team.
    Last edited by Fenn; 05-07-2011 at 07:42 PM.

  6. #46
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    So? It's team deathmatch! Isn't the point to kill the other team, not to compete with your teammates for kills? Would you rather they be dished out randomly so your level 3 support goes to a noob with no clue how to use it, while the other team's level 3 goes to their most experienced player?
    Um how about no bonuses ever and the better players just naturally do better instead of gaining rewards that give them even more dominance. That's like if some dudes were racing and you gave the guy ahead everyone else a steroid shot.

  7. #47
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,339
    An online game where all content is created by players out of parts in a similar way to games like LittleBigPlanet. The raw materials would be harvested somewhere in the game world and sold either to NPC shops or to other players for currency. These raw materials could be used to make things like motors etc. or parts of a game level. Likewise they could be used to create new equipment which would run on a vaguely physics-based model.
    Players could then have others pay for the right to play their levels and set some sort of reward for the winner of a level which would vary in value depending on the resources used to make the level - normally some sort of piece of equipment with a value a fraction of the level's. The currency they gained from charging players to enter their levels could then be used to purchase more resources, etc. - the more popular or useful a player's creations are, the richer that player becomes. Levels themselves could have a price tag on them, with each player starting out with a single, smallish level to work on, and being able to buy additional level slots or expand the size of their level by paying in-game currency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  8. #48
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    That reminds me of an idea for a shooter game mode (for any game): rival deathmatch. Since the average gamer jumps online and plays team deathmatch for K/D and individual skill, why not make a mode for just that?

    The rules:
    - Two teams.
    - The goal is to beat your rivals (the players on your team) to X kills against the other team.
    - So, in a five on five match, you are competing against four "rivals" (who you can't hurt) to kill the remaining five players
    - Your targets are also competing against each other to kill you guys.
    - First player to reach X kills wins the match.
    - Rewards are also handed out to the top scoring player on the other team and the top team.
    Worst idea ever. What if your team let themselves to be killed by you? what if the other team does the same?

    It only good if every player goes as individual, but this has no team work, ergo has no competitive base. And even if play for individual matters, the other team might not, and they could win as a team (and they can take most advantage of the situation).

    I hope you never develop (as director) a game for a big company. Or at least if that happens I'm pretty sure I will not buy it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Worst idea ever. What if your team let themselves to be killed by you? what if the other team does the same?

    It only good if every player goes as individual, but this has no team work, ergo has no competitive base. And even if play for individual matters, the other team might not, and they could win as a team (and they can take most advantage of the situation).

    I hope you never develop (as director) a game for a big company. Or at least if that happens I'm pretty sure I will not buy it.
    I don't think you read th idea fully, i mean the first thing you say ("What if your team let themselves to be killed by you?") is already addressed in that you cannot kill your rivals/teammates, only the other team.

    Also what your saying about teamwork makes no sense, the whole idea seems like throwing teamwork in a team death-match away; this is not Red Team VS. Blue Team but Blue VS. Blue with Red being nothing but marks on the scoreboard.

    That said my personal opinion of the idea is meh... It feels hampered by the whole 'two player teams' system. Something akin to Horde Mode from Gears of War or Nazi Zombies from Call of Duty (i.e. player team vs near endless army of NPCs) with some kind of mechanic to drive the idea of individual over co-op in (lowest score at end of round is eliminated?) seems like it would work much better
    Last edited by Bardic-Dragoon; 05-08-2011 at 04:21 AM.
    I have no problem with you spanking me. However, I have a huge problem with you not spanking me...

  10. #50
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    OH, then I understand it wrong and I apologize.

    Now that I understand the concept is still a bad idea. It force players to camp even more.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •