Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Lolita

@Rio:
    Oh no, I definitely love the second picture than the first one... I may be wrong about definition of lolita, but I'm definitely right about the loli part. All hail moe, all hail loli, cough cough...

PS: Where did you get the pictures? They are so cute ^_^

In an industial size tub of Plaster of Paris
    I try to be as original in my designs as possible, Clock, mixing in elements of American Goth subculture, Japanese Visual Kei (sometimes even a bit of Oshare Kei), pieces from old portraits, and other places. For example, as of late, I've been working on a Old-Western Lolita outfit (for a halloween thing). I haven't seen much old-west influenced lolita, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I do have my true (I call it "What Mana would wear") gothic dresses that look very oldschool gossurori without actually copying anybody's designs but, now that lolita has been around for forty years, it's kind of hard to be completely original.
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey
    with the movement of time.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    i think its cute and id wear it if i were ever to go out in drag (i wont tho because that would mean id have to shave my legs). Its cute when done right but its so easy for some people to go overboard with.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    FYI, nazi's flag/symbol is originated from Swastika. And swastika is a good symbol that have good meaning. Nazi makes it bad...
    I am aware of the history. However the fact is unchanged that the swastika has irrevocably become a symbol of the Nazi regime.

The Christian crucifix is a depiction of a cross. A method of torturous execution used by the Romans, among other cultures. Yet when someone sees a crucifix they do not think of the Romans, they think of Christianity. Symbols have meanings that can be independent of their origins. To see a swastika is to see a symbol of the Nazi regime. Period, full stop.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Psy, buy yourself a pair of opaque tights and some long socks. ^^
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey

@Kodos:
    I know. I just want to tell people the real history of swastika symbol, just in case someone doesn't know.

Btw, I also know about the cross history.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Try to stay on topic guys

I haven't really looked into lolita fashion but now that I see it, it's interesting. Do you know if there are ever conventions for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyannette View Post
    I try to be as original in my designs as possible, Clock, mixing in elements of American Goth subculture, Japanese Visual Kei (sometimes even a bit of Oshare Kei), pieces from old portraits, and other places. For example, as of late, I've been working on a Old-Western Lolita outfit (for a halloween thing). I haven't seen much old-west influenced lolita, so I figured I'd give it a try.
    Isn't Gothic Lolita already a mix between french/doll dress/gothic (and of course visual kei is already another fashion taked by western principles)? Do you know about deconstructing the elements for a recomposition? you could try that, more than mixing stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyannette View Post
    I do have my true (I call it "What Mana would wear") gothic dresses that look very oldschool gossurori without actually copying anybody's designs but, now that lolita has been around for forty years, it's kind of hard to be completely original.
    forty years and already there is nothing new to do? or this is already over milked or people get without creativity very soon.

@Kodos:
    I know. I just want to tell people the real history of swastika symbol, just in case someone doesn't know.
    You really know about of what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post

I haven't really looked into lolita fashion but now that I see it, it's interesting. Do you know if there are ever conventions for it?
    Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post

Conventions per se, no. But most places with a lolita population will have meet-ups on a fairly regular basis and new people are always welcome-- as long as you find out about the dress code first.

@ Clock: Lolita is based on Victorian and Rococo era children's dresses. I don't really just mix, I usually take the certain pattern shapes and seams I like and re shape them to be exactly what I like. It's not just mixing together, that was just the word i decided to use for lack of a better one.

It's not that people are running out of creativity, it's that you can only do so much until it becomes considered italoli or not even fall into the lolita style.

And not creepy. Maybe he wants to try brolita or ooji.
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey

I'm a pedophile
    I already knew this but didn't you say that you are a teacher at one point.