Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing is not a big deal

I just laugh about it and smile it out, then get better or strategize. It's just like in martial arts, how most masters will thank their opponent who defeats them, for they have learned something new.

Why does the idea of 'smiling something out' seem funny to me

thank you for punching me in the face

okay yeah that makes sense now.

I don't know man, when I lose I get pretty angry (I don't throw shit to my opponents, but I become more agitated) and the more I get the better I play (specially in shooters where I become start becoming a head shot machine).

When I play shooters and I start getting agitated (by losing most of the time) I become more focus (I shoot a lot in the head), aware of sounds and move more quick.
    The same for fighting games, I become more focus on the combos, my moves, the moves of my opponent and the other stuffs.

I lose most of the time when I get demoralized.

The majority of the games I play are shooters, and much like Clock said I get better the more mad I get. It seems like after I get mad I just want the other team to get as mad as I am, so I play better... Sometimes though I get mad and still suck and I have to stop playing for a couple minutes. I don't care if I lose in shooters, it's just when I'm playing something like CoD and I'm constantly being noobtubed and spawn killed that gets me mad.

Gaining focus when you become angry, I believe, has much more to do with you wanting to win at any cost. If somebody pisses you off, you suddenly have stakes. You don't want to lose to that guy.

Otherwise getting angry at games is completely worthless outside of sports and AVG style review humor. Not to mention the adrenaline crash that follows if you're super pissed.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Gaining focus when you become angry, I believe, has much more to do with you wanting to win at any cost. If somebody pisses you off, you suddenly have stakes. You don't want to lose to that guy.

Otherwise getting angry at games is completely worthless outside of sports and AVG style review humor. Not to mention the adrenaline crash that follows if you're super pissed.
    That feeling is awesome, makes me actually wanna play the game more.
    I remember this one round in Halo where I was kicking turbo ass because we had the best guys...then I got bored and switched teams out of mercy...and still kicked ass. Then I got bored and stopped playing that server.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    thank you for punching me in the face
    Yeah, but it is, after all, just a game. I simply recall how good I am at life, instead of Call of Duty, and I smile. Being punched in the face is a result of a mistake in life itself. If I can avoid being punched in the face, I must be good at some aspect of life.

I hate sore losers. The amount of hate mail on my Xbox live account is ridiculous.