Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing is not a big deal

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    XBox Live is quite possibly one of the most horrible online gaming communities to ever exist.

Yet everyone says it's the best ('least where I live)

I used to get pretty mad when I lost but now I never get mad when I lose, except when people are being cheap asses. LOL explosives

Yes, because a gaming network comprised entirely of 6 year old British kids, assorted douchebags and rage quitters is the best.

Oh, and don't forget the angry English teenagers that log on around the mornings. "Ya bloody yanks!"

Cypress, it's prolly 'cause you live in a different time zone, and area, so it pairs you with the British people because they have better hosting connections. Here we mostly get people who are 16+ in age, and are American.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    XBox Live is quite possibly one of the most horrible online gaming communities to ever exist.
    Do you know why? Because gamers treat every match like the Super Bowl. Random match-up in online games is not a hardcore competition; it's a freaking pick-up game! How often in basketball will people get together to hang out at the park and shoot some hoops, then play 100% and scream about "cheating?"

Randoms in COD, Street Fighter, and other games are exactly like pickup sports games; random teams, low stakes play where everyone's trying to impress everyone else. Yet, for some reason, gamers can't understand this. If you want intense, competitive play, participate in a tourney or join a clan.

The other issue is that with randoms you don't know anyone. Before online, you played with friends, and if they were jerks you quit and kicked them out of your house. Randoms means you never know who you will get matched up with.

Oh, and don't forget the angry English teenagers that log on around the mornings. "Ya bloody yanks!"
    In their defense whenever I played with lee as soon as he spoke everyone would ask him if he liked tea.

"It's just burnt water" he would say

jajaja there is a guy who all the time see me as his opponent he disconnect himself.

Also I don't get it, the only way people will feel happy to fight against me is if I use ammy, wesker or a infinite combo with tron (because are the most used characters online with Sentinel).

...assorted douchebags...
    V

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    In their defense whenever I played with lee as soon as he spoke everyone would ask him if he liked tea.
    V

Case in point.

But regardless, Fenn. I think I'd hate it more if people didn't take it seriously. Then there is no intensity in the games. Losing to a spammer in MvC who does so to win is a helluva lot better than losing to a spammer who does so not to win, but simply isn't any better at the game. Either way, I think spammer matches are boring but you get the idea.

Yes, because a gaming network comprised entirely of 6 year old British kids, assorted douchebags and rage quitters is the best.

All those you listed are funny to deal with just don't let them get to you.