Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3D Anime / Manga Art Hobby

Red face Creation Time

Once the figure is made maybe two or three hours, or less for each pose. Development of a character can take a long time when you are learning, but once you have experience doing it shortens up the time a lot. Also depends on your talent. This one guy I saw makes simply amazing figures in few days and even textures them. Not for me. It took me about seven months from the time I started to successfully get the above gymnast, but that is not working all or every day on it. Now it would take maybe a couple of weeks working straight through, but I'm not sure. One thing is it took a lot of hunting around to find tutorials on how to do things, because there are all kinds of complex tips and tricks without which you cannot succeed (unless you're really smart!) But I'm a dumbwad so I have to ask lots of questions normal people don't have to, and everything takes me forever...

The modeling is what is the hardest, but just be sure not just start modeling without a set plan, and front and back sketches to load into the work window, otherwise you can get lost and it is harder to see what you are doing, especially when starting out. With more experience you might be able to model from scratch, but most pros I have read about always do pre-scketches and have a plan before they start modeling. I will see about posting some introductory tutorials in this forum section, just to give an idea and introduce people who are curious.

It is really cool though like I said, and once you get into it you actually enjoy the next challenge of figuring something out, but I can tell you, nothing shuts people up quicker than showing people your 3D art work. That is, your detractors...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I find the modeling part the easiest. I use the poly modeling method using planes for ref and I can get a body down in like a few hours.
    Then after that is the hard part. Unwrapping is only fun for a little while lol..

Oh really, let's see some of your results!

Check my art thread for other stuff. But this is what I have recently.

Wow...

Wow Dude, that has so much talent and originality! I mean, check out that knowledge of anatomy! And that outstanding original design, I mean, who could beat it? Gosh am I humbled, and fully realize you have something of credibility in creation skill with which to criticize.

Whew, am I humbled. I better hit the drawing table and study those pro techniques, otherwise I might end up hanging around the forums

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animerick View Post
    I might end up hanging around the forums …
    Too late, you're here already! XD :chains animerick to the forum:

You should consider making a thread in the Critique Corner, btw. I'm kind of surprised you haven't already.

Not...

Naw, I just like to put jealous critics in their place by pointing out you should have comparable or superior works before criticizing. Normally I give positive feedback to support people's creativity, not go around criticizing. Check me on Facebook or other sites. I think you misunderstood me rio.

Wait what? Jealous critics. Hope that's not referring to me cause you might have the wrong idea there bro.

To clear the air though if you did go that route. I'm not a modeler by any means. I do this just to up my knowledge in stuff you know? I've only been modeling for near a year now. If you think I was criticizing. I wasn't. I was comparing my time it took to build a body compared to yours, we all do stuff differently. So maybe you jumped the gun a bit. I'd like to consider myself VERY experienced in the art field, but 3D? No, not yet.
    Those who know me know what I'm capable of, so if you were referring to me as a 'jealous critic'. My response is 'I don't even O_o'. As to me 'criticizing' your models. They're great, but I offered tips from a noob standpoint. I KNOW skin shouldn't look metallic. Take criticism lighter if you have a problem taking it.

If all of this isn't the case, ignore all of the above xD.
    Last edited by GunZet; 04-28-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Yeah sorry maybe I did jump the gun a bit, I was referring to previous comments you made about the textures, but I just get a little annoyed at people criticizing without credibility of making something comparable themselves, but you really did not do too much of that... I think I overdid it a little, sorry.

It's cool man. It's a competitive thing being artists lol.