Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: E3 2011

  1. #61
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    the flaw in this is the fact that morrowind and oblivion are both amazing games o-o
    You are wrong, Morrowind was awful if gameplay and Oblivion was awful in everything. So unless you are being sarcastic or ironic, you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Yes, you may have liked the games...but how does that address the fact that they have shitty combat and tons of pointless sidequests? o_o Or the fact that many people love games that demonstrate the same flaws (ahemFalloutahem)? For a game where you spend maybe 80% of the time fighting things, beit for plot progression or to complete a sidequest, they really should've made a fighting system that didn't play like Doom '95 in third-person.
    The sidequests are made to gave a context to the world beyond the story driven by the goals of the main character. I personally don't like how they have done them, because the character personality must drive to the sidequest but not the elections of the player. This is because making a game with sidequest which doesn't reflect the main character and the context of the world become pointless to the main story. At the end: sidequests are good, but the intention has been bad (not all, but most).

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    i dont see why people hate the combat in oblivion so much, i can understand it a bit in morrowind because it is stupidly frustrating flailing a sword at something in front of you and missing constantly if your skill isnt high enough but in oblivion its fine
    I don't know why everyone hate the combat in Oblivion but I personally didn't like it because I like to play in third person (I usually fight as a warrior) and it the character was stiff, you never knew what you hit (some times you hit your allies without knowing), and using a spell was a waste of mana.

    Quote Originally Posted by neogenstru View Post
    Considering this game is still in development something tells me it'll blow Oblivion clear outta the water, the coolest part is probably the ability to learn dragon spells I always wanted to speak dragonese >: D
    Anything is better than Oblivion. And they need to do more than just put dragons in a game to make me want to play it.


    And for other comments:
    -Indeed the leveling system was the biggest shit ever.
    -It was impossible to play in third person camera in Oblivion.
    -The world was awfully done: Teleportation to any part of the world whenever you want, force the small world to have a ecosystem of every kind and repetitive dungeons.
    -Oblivion also has awful game play, just use sneak and you will see.

  2. #62
    Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    Goes to show: you can't make a game out of sidequests and "immersion".

  3. #63
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,829
    If you really believe that you obviously haven't played stalker

  4. #64
    Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    I probably don't want to, if that's how you would describe it.

    When I buy a game, I also pay for a story that's longer than 10 hours.

  5. #65
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,829
    Played that game for 2 days and was mumbling russian and and grown a full beard.


  6. #66
    Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    I guess it works if you value immersion utmost.

  7. #67
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,829
    Well imo it works because unlike oblivion you dont have to work towards the immersion. The game does all the work.

  8. #68
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Well imo it works because unlike oblivion you dont have to work towards the immersion. The game does all the work.
    Important point for every game.

  9. #69
    Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,317
    Ah, that sounds good. Though I'm not sure if I can get into a game that expects me to spend the majority of time "immersing" myself, when that really amounts to nothing. I'm a speedy fucker when it comes to RPG and RPG-hybrids. How's the general gameplay in STALKER?

  10. #70
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,829
    Its an fps with a few rpg elements like inventory management and artifacts you can "equip" for bonuses. Otherwise its a sandbox shooter that sort of feeds off the stress you get from exploring just how insane the world is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •