Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2011

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Hardcore Nintendo fans would never leave Nintendo. It's why they're hardcore fans.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Eh, I always thought any game could be hardcore based on how you approached it. Speedruns or challengeruns, or even no-miss runs (mad hardcore) are extremely difficult and, as long as the game allows for it, that game can be hardcore. Like in FFX, it's entirely possible to go through the game without leveling your stats once.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Hardcore Nintendo fans would never leave Nintendo. It's why they're hardcore fans.
    I usually refer to them as "fanboys." To me, hardcore doesn't apply to a specific company, just to gaming in general. A hardcore gamer not only plays a lot of games but participates in the gaming community and keeps up with the latest news on game releases and development.

But you say tomato, I say...wait, this doesn't work in writing. That's how I define a hardcore gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Eh, I always thought any game could be hardcore based on how you approached it. Speedruns or challengeruns, or even no-miss runs (mad hardcore) are extremely difficult and, as long as the game allows for it, that game can be hardcore. Like in FFX, it's entirely possible to go through the game without leveling your stats once.
    I was talking about gamers though, not games.

But you're absolutely right. That explains my terrifying Mario Kart Wii addiction. Game gets competitive online bro!

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Yeah that was always how I defined hardcore gamers. Dudes that did kick me runs in godhand and stuff like that. I think games should give you more options for letting you make the game harder. Like the single character runs for final fantasy X are cool but it would be even cooler if there were an option in the game that just let you do it.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Yeah, like being able to reject Wakka and everyone else. And then Tidus is just like "fuck you guys, I'm going on the pilgrimage alone."

Btw

wait were those real

Yeah

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Btw

They...tried?

i really want to see the skyrim preview