Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2011

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Whoa - so they're going to unveil a new Wii this E3? Got any info about it?
    As a matter of fact:
    - http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/03...ard-sword.html
    - http://www.3dsbuzz.com/rumor-super-s...os-new-system/

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I bet your Wii is brand new and is already gathering dust in a corner.
    I generally split 50-50 between Wii 2 and my 360

It's amazing how well the Wii 1 has done for itself considering the shoddy library of games, really. Even the PS3 has more decent ones, and everybody slags off it's quantity... I mean, don't get me wrong; No More Heroes was fantastic, one of my favorate games of the current generation, but it's a not far off a lone goose... Getting news that they are ditching the system already does nothing to build my confidence in the company.

Is somebody saying Microsoft are the good guys? It's more likely that you think. :p

Anyway. I'm mostly looking forward to more news concerning NMH3, Armored Core 5, Mass Effect 3, and Doom 4... Finding out what the hell happened to that Mechwarrior reboot would be nice, too. >_>

Fenn
    It's coming...

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    I know, I can't wait D:

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

I wanna see some Zelda!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    We're moving through consoles too quickly. If you look at the hardware gap between Ps1 and PS2, that was truly a difference worth a generation. Between Ps2 and Ps3 was notable, but hardly worth a 600 dollar brand new console, considering what Shadow of the Colossus managed to do with the PS2 hardware. It almost looks like a Ps3 game. And it's not like games are getting any better, just prettier. Most of the bulk in terms of size goes into graphics, whereas that space could be used to integrate a lot of gameplay features that were not possible to integrate successfully on a less memory-capable system (like how FF7 could've been 1 disc instead of 3, had it come out on the PS2).

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    I want a release date for paper mario 3D and news on From Dust, REALLY badly.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    We're moving through consoles too quickly. If you look at the hardware gap between Ps1 and PS2, that was truly a difference worth a generation. Between Ps2 and Ps3 was notable, but hardly worth a 600 dollar brand new console, considering what Shadow of the Colossus managed to do with the PS2 hardware. It almost looks like a Ps3 game. And it's not like games are getting any better, just prettier. Most of the bulk in terms of size goes into graphics, whereas that space could be used to integrate a lot of gameplay features that were not possible to integrate successfully on a less memory-capable system (like how FF7 could've been 1 disc instead of 3, had it come out on the PS2).
    Indeed I would prefer a lengthy game full of features and gameplay than the short lived pretty looking games alot tern out to be now.

Still looking for something new in the RPG market at E3 ..wander what there will be.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    The gap thing may be true, but look at the Gap between the N64, the Gamecube, and the Wii. I'm sure Project Cafe will be very interesting and different.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Agreed. Too bad most gamers are as bad as sports fans when it comes to self-control. It's the same reason ballparks keep raising food prices despite the economy; no matter what the gamers say, they will still buy whatever comes out.

On a lighter note, I AM excited to see where the new Nintendo console goes, since I feel like the Wii was a waste of potential even though I enjoyed many of the games it offered. I get the impression Nintendo realized they can't continue the casual trend; Wii got the casuals looking, now they will attempt to win back the hardcore crowd.