Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum: Keep or Change?!

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 626
    If that retarded Ozza kid retains modship and Jubeh and Hammie lose theirs, I will lose faith in this site. Jubeh is funny as a mod.

Also, if you said that this move is like going from a Bentley to a Kia, why degrade the forum? The old one did fine, we could post polls without paying. Polls were funny sometimes.

Besides, with the demographic of this forum, how many memberships do you expect to get? Everyone is either still in high school without a job, or in college/university with no money to spare, or a cheap skate, like myself.

Also premium membership should make you immune to AIDS.

You know you can just say you don't like me and not insult me, right?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    If that retarded Ozza kid retains modship and Jubeh and Hammie lose theirs, I will lose faith in this site. Jubeh is funny as a mod.

Also, if you said that this move is like going from a Bentley to a Kia, why degrade the forum? The old one did fine, we could post polls without paying. Polls were funny sometimes.

Besides, with the demographic of this forum, how many memberships do you expect to get? Everyone is either still in high school without a job, or in college/university with no money to spare, or a cheap skate, like myself.

Also premium membership should make you immune to AIDS.
    Wut? What makes you think I'll not grant modship to Jubeh or Hammie here as well? The only reason they're not mods here right now is because Jubeh declined stating that he wanted to stick to the other forum and Hammie was still thinking it over.

The problem with the old site and forum is that it's separate. As much as possible, I would like to keep the community together with one log in for all areas as much as possible. Yes, polls are funny sometimes. The rest of the time, they're not. Including the one's I've been making.

Regarding membership - I have never expected to make money out of it at all. I know the demographic and it is as you say. My aim with the site change was actually to get lots of free members on board and entice lurkers and old members to sign up which, so far, seems to be working.

I'll make you immune to AIDS without premium membership - but I don't think you'll like what needs to be done.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    If you end up closing the old forum - and I hope you don't - will the word filter be disabled? A lot of DnD - and I'm sure other people's writings - will become unreadable nonsense when nearly every other word is reduced to "Silly Goose" and if we can't log in to the forum then there's no way we can simply disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by 38
    You know you can just say you don't like me and not insult me, right?
    Um, I don't even think I have to say it. But if you're going to be a prissy little bitch about it, then sure.
    Don't like you, mate. Big deal, you'll live. Still going to insult you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 1
    Wut? What makes you think I'll not grant modship to Jubeh or Hammie here as well?
    Oh, no no. I was just saying. It would still be funny as hell, though.

The problem with the old site and forum is that it's separate. As much as possible, I would like to keep the community together with one log in for all areas as much as possible.
    Okay, yeah, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, polls are funny sometimes. The rest of the time, they're not. Including the one's I've been making.
    That's because so many people aren't funny.

Regarding membership - I have never expected to make money out of it at all. I know the demographic and it is as you say. My aim with the site change was actually to get lots of free members on board and entice lurkers and old members to sign up which, so far, seems to be working.
    Yeah, fair enough. Twas just a suspicion.

I'll make you immune to AIDS without premium membership - but I don't think you'll like what needs to be done.
    Does it involve sex?

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    OHCRAP, NOOOOO.

I accidentally voted "keep"

D8 I'd actually love to change to vBulletin.

I voted "keep," not cause I'm against this forum changing...but I'm just concerned with some of the writers over on the other forum. I know what it's like to lose a lot of hard work, and it's really not possible to remember everything you've written to do it over, once it's lost. So I guess my vote is just whatever's best for both communities.

As for me, I don't really care if this one upgrades to vBulletin or not...I don't know what it is, but I'll learn quick enough. It's always good to learn new things.

Nononono don't disable the old forum D:! I keep forgetting this one exists!

:(

Quote Originally Posted by 71
    If you end up closing the old forum - and I hope you don't - will the word filter be disabled? A lot of DnD - and I'm sure other people's writings - will become unreadable nonsense when nearly every other word is reduced to "Silly Goose" and if we can't log in to the forum then there's no way we can simply disable it.
    I'll disable the word filter once I close it down. It's fair as you all did so much hard work.

Does it involve sex?
    Nah. Dismemberment.

IT CHANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED. But, I'm okay with that.

Yeah, it changed again. Hopefully everyone will be happy with this version. Personally, I'm glad to see the "View First Unread Message" again! It just makes things sooooo much easier!