Thread: Error

Error

Whats this ?

This happened to me before it usually goes after a few hours but why is it happeneing and stuff?

Well, Numana, here's what's going on. You see that ellipse at the end of the thread title? Yeah, that's it. Those three dots that everyone seems to feel a need to put in a thread title. For some strange reason, whenever someone puts those in a thread title, this error happens. The way to get around this is to either get the person who started the thread to edit the title, or you can click the button that brings you to the last post.
    This one here:

So don't worry. It's nothing you're doing. People just need to understand that every title doesn't need these three dots at the end.
    Hopefully that answered your question.

Yep... this is probably because ../, in file path terms, means to go back one level in the directory - and when Apache tries to parse that it has, uh, issues.

The string '../' comes up when you try to browse by a specific page (because it adds '/page=5' to the URL), but not when trying to go to the last page... probably an implementation detail.

So anyway, vBulletin is retarded for using plaintext thread titles in the URL in the first place and we're all doomed forever.

You have given me a lot to think about nyarlathotep.

Yeeeeep.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I just got this error with only an alphanumeric title and no ellipses in the thread content. I got the thread title to work fine, but once I pasted in a block of text with no unusual content, this error came up. :/ (Hence the spam thread taking up space in the Creator's Corner.)

Further ideas?

I deleted your thread but that error is beyond me.

You deleted her art thread?