Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Be Vicious

Actually, I think it's best to start studying the skeletal form and the muscle structure as a beginner. I wish I would ha e done that starting out. Yes, it'll be hard and take time up, but it'll give you a great base and an understanding of the human body so that you can easily draw various poses and perspectives from your own mind and you will be able to create your own style that doesn't look amateurish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

hi.... WOLFEN300
    haha you have posted some in pimp my art thread.... and yes i have pimped some of yours , check it out
    OK so far , yes you have major ANATOMICAL AND PROPORTIONAL errors and , many of us trying to make you understand how to make it correct .
    I know its too much studies that you will be undergoing but, dont push yourself too hard dont just jump to deeper studies .
    I reccomend you that do some FANARTS (you know copying and all) because, you will atleast get a general idea about how are the shapes and structures of different body parts . fun part about doing fanarts is that you can enjoy, critique yourself about where it went wrong . Just copy the original .
    After doing many fanarts and what you learned from it apply those in these anatomical studies as recommended by members here . I think that will be more easier .
    and yes maybe i will post something for you that might help , so wait for that .

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    Rebel: Obviously starting with just the very simple shapes is failing for me so I'm going about it the long way, since I'll need to anyways.
    JJJorgie: So far it's just muscle memory..... Bad joke?
    trilok: when I go home this week, I'll pick up my old art folder and post some of my old drawings. I have some FMA fan arts and the like. I just need to get back into the flow, and fanarts may be the thing to help alongside my anatomical studies

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Made for my first pathfinder game, after writing out his description I couldn't help but draw him. Or attempt to. Anyways, be vicious as always, and yes his right (our left) arm is supposed to be held out

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Need comments on this, I do know some of my errors (some being deliberate such as no eyes or mouth) and some being unintentional(like I think my character's hands are slightly different sizes). Other than that I'd like to know about the errors, the more it's made known, the more I can focus on correcting it.

More muscles, didn't use a mannequin to start, used circles and cylinders to get the shape and then manipulated the shapes afterwards for muscle-shapes and patterns.
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 07-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    You're back! *Tears of Joy* Haven't seen you in a month... a month is a long time. (*Is a chronic liar, as I haven't been on here in a month and wonders why activity has slowed to a crawl)

1. I really like your linework. Things are starting to look thicker and darker... you're gaining confidence, this is a good thing.

2. You wouldn't believe how happy the "I used cylinders and circles" comment made me feel. I am leaping in sheer ecstacy. So, how did it feel? Did you like that technique?

3. The last picture is AMAZING. I think it's the best thing you've posted on here so far. Everything except the feet seem to be in proportion. How long did this take you?

4. In the Pathfinder picture, everything is out of whack proportion wise. Long torso, small legs, teeny arms. Plus the tiny u-shaped crotch is... distracting. To say the least.

5. Picture two looks okay, but his arms and legs appear to be too small.

Well, hope that helps. Have you drawn any "skinned" figures yet?
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

I actually disliked the technique, feeling it was harder to reach the end point than it should have been.
    That one you like took about an hour of continuous work, and a lot of muscular look-ups.
    Pathfinder- meh I'm not surprised. I redrew him sitting and it looks better. Plus It let me play with Gimp (I have a colored version and uncolored.)
    "skinned?" As in something that has details or just doesn't show only the muscles?

Last edited by Wolfen300; 07-12-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    "Skinned" meaning the difference between the left and right images.

Right now you're just drawing the muscles on top of the skin... which looks sort of creepily inverted when everything is done. Drawing skinned figures helps with tone and shadow and form... it helps you see how all the muscles look the way you would see them on living human beings.

The re-vamped looks a lot better though.

*BTW I had nothing to do in the drawing of those arms there. Heh. x__X No plagarism intended. Blame Google.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen300 View Post
    Okay! Let's get started:
    1) This figure is less than 6 heads tall (more like 5.5 heads). The average human male is about 7 heads tall. His head isn't really too big for the body though. The problem is his legs are TOOOOOO short! Like almost an entire head's length too short.
    2) The arm on the left is a bit too long and it's longer than the other arm.
    3) Where his thigh narrows into his knee is too thin!
    4) His lower legs, below the knee, are too shoet compared to his thighs.
    5) The bent leg is too short. Yes, I've taken into consideration than maybe you were trying to create a father away perspective, but if that's the case (which I doubt it) then the entire position of the leg doesn't make sense.
    6) The feet might be a tad short as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfen300 View Post
    1) SYMMETRY!!! This doesn't mean that it has to be perfect. Corresponding muscles should be EXTREMELY close to the same size. For example, look at the two calves; one is bulky and muscular which the other looks atrophied. Most of the muscles you've drawn vary in size and position.
    2) Again, his legs are too short!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Much appreciated JJJorgie, the first one I got from posemaniacs, and thought it was a little weird. I used the grid button and it showed the character weirdly short, like a further head shorter so I was trying to make it closer to realistic, which I feel like I bombed lol. As for the second one, I'm still working on symmetry, and I must say so far symmetry is the hardest thing o.o Glad to know I can get great critiques from you JJJorgie!