Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Vicious

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    the left fist is supposed to be against the head o.o its just askin' to take a hit now o.o but as for the rest, I see what you mean. The punch is supposed to be a haymaker instead of a straight which is why I was trying to draw the right shoulder higher to make it more like the weight was being put into it

Edit: I just picked up Andrew Loomis's book on my Itomic. Gonna read through it and work more on the anatomy.
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-11-2013 at 06:07 PM.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Oh, yeah, I couldn't tell what part of the left arm on your drawing was the upper portion or what was the lower.

And, I know anatomy studies might seem kinda boring, but they REALLY help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

lol when I usually sketch rough outlines I use spheres for joints, ovals for hands and ab-area, and just try connecting them all smoothly. Obviously my rough sketches suck so bad that they are unrecognizable to other people lol. Anyhow I'm reading this so far and slowly drawing out what's being talked about. So in other words: slow and steady.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

The problem with your method of connecting circles (not spheres; spheres are 3 dimensional) is that realistic muscle structure isn't Learned or produced. It's just a lot of varying sized shapes
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

How did I not catch that I used the word spheres? o.o

Reading through the muscular section I realize: My characters and drawings should not be able to physically move. Like... At all. Missing bone sections, muscular formations, etc. Drawing evolutionary failures! lol. Back to reading and more practice -.-

Edit: so I'm reading this and comparing and I notice something. The hips on Loomis's females..... are way too small too. Even pulled out a ruler and measured. ex. Shoulders were 1 and 3/16", where as the hips weren't even an inch. Is this.... An appropriate downsizing?
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-11-2013 at 09:23 PM.

It all depends on the body type they use for their studies. Some maybe and artistic choice, but Andrew Loomis's anatomy is more on the realistic side though, so I would just ran with it, if you disagree maybe you should try doing some research on body types on your own to find out more ;D

Lol I wasn't disagreeing, I'm just pointing that out. And now I'm just gonna need 2 things: Practice.... and more practice. I'll post a re-draw I did of my (only) original character using the (mostly) correct anatomy lol. One thing I've noticed is when I draw... I slant to the down and right. So things like shoulders become dipped... Severely.

So here's my new drawing, using the "Ideal Proportion Female" so I could get the balance of everything. enjoy and critique.

Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-11-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Ah, you posted this in the pimp thread.

Anatomy is hard man, all of us are still trying to fix things about how we draw it. xD

Starting out I really liked Chris Hart's book "Figure it Out." It's got the basics in there without being overwhelming.

She looks a little out of proportion there: Shoulders too wide for arms and boobs (chest), lower legs too small, and there are extra bulges in the legs that shouldn't be there.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Still grasping anatomy and working with Loomis's book. So yeah there will be some anomalies until I get the hang of it. Thanks though

Drew this to try and grasp foreshortening better. Clothes are just lightly sketched on, and the guitar is supposed to be at like 85 degrees from the body, so almost perpendicular.

Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-16-2013 at 12:25 PM.