Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Vicious

Hybrid View

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar

Be Vicious

Alright, let me be the first to say these pics aren't perfect. Plus I'm not sure how to get the lines darker since I'm taking photos with my laptop. Anyways, Critique please!

Dread Attempt!

Note: Figured out how to show the photos on the page. Enjoy and be harsh lol.
    Last edited by Wolfen300; 06-09-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Pictures weren't showing

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Opps, didnt notice you've put up your crit thread, Ill just repost here for the record ;D

Heres a quick crit

-Hips too narrow
    -Legs too short
    -In general an adult/ teen should be about 7 to 8 head in measurement (height wise).
    -Try using skeleton/frame to work with while planning our your poses, that way you know where you are doing and will give you a simple estimate of the proportions before hand
    -The way I like to do female bodies is to match their hip and shoulders to be the same in width.

Lol. Again, thanks.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

I think you are doing a lot of contour drawing right now. You may want to look at how Iccy/DogHateBurger broke up the body into simple shapes and then built the body together. You will have a much easier time working from simple shapes and then making them more complex, than trying to go straight to a complex body part.

Yeah it's mostly line art right not, just hitting details, no shadows or lighting differences. I'll look it up and see what I'm missing. It's good to see people agreeing with the same problems, it means it's not just opinionated but more proportional that I'm having troubles with. What's funny is my proportion drawings (like figure drawings) look decent and realistic. I just lose proportion details when I add details. But yeah I'mma work harder on it.

Okay I need someone to critique this piece bad. Preferably someone who's a fan of DC, but I'll take what I can get.

Like Seriously. I need critiques o.o

The perspective of the leg on the right is REALLY off! Yes, the leg might appear a LITTLE bigger if it's farther in front, but assume this position yourself! If your back leg is almost straight (like your picture's) then the front leg is only a about a foot in front of the rest of your body so it's not going to be much bigger than it's actual size. Since the focus is the hand, you'll be looking DOWN at the front leg therefore the lower portion will be shorter than it is right now and you'll be able to see more of the thigh.

I'm assuming this is a girl which means her hips are MUCH too narrow. They should be almost as wide as the shoulders. The neck is too thick and the arm is extremely thin. There's a horseshoe shaped line that is going under the naval, it shouldn't. Those lines should only be going down each side. The eye on the left should be up farther. The nose should be aligned when the chin and the mouth should be a little farther to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thank you! Now I can fix the drawing lol. I realized the leg was off some as soon as I posted the picture, but it's good to know how off it was. Your vicious-ness is much appreciated JJJorgie! Now to correct them! Hopefully you'll criticize the next version too! (With less to say since it will be improved.)

is this better? Anatomically? Minus the fact it's missing the head.

Okay, this is NOT perfect, but hopefully it'll give you an idea. The back leg in my picture is bent, that's why the knee looks so low:

Basically, nothing on your drawing flows smoothly. Nothing is shaped correctly either. The hips juts out abnormally and the arms and legs are just collections of bubbles, not muscles. The waist was way too small. The arm on the right was way too long. The fist was too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!