Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red's Arts and Drawings

Red's Arts and Drawings

Hey guys, I would like to hear some critique if you don't mind, as always, I appreciate any and all comments! Thanks!

Well, generally if you want people to critique your art, you should post a picture.

Heh heh, Still working on that ^_^;;

Congratz on figuring out how to post pics ! xD
    Here's a tip on your picture. Draw everything big! That way you can add more details. The idea for the picture is good, but it needs more

thanks! It took me a while :P

Yeah this is a character that I'm planning on developing, I drew this while I was bored listening to a lecture ^_^;;

Well one problem I've come across is dealing with proportions. The bigger the drawing, the less proportion it bears. Do you have any tips to help me with that?

Well, the body anatomy is not that bad actually, the limbs are fairly proportionate, and the pose isn't boring. As Far as drawing bigger to add more detail, id have to put that in the "style and preference" category. Drawing big will give you more space, but you can still add a great deal of detail, drawing at a moderate size.
    There are quite a few things I would say need some work though.
    1.) -Hair- It seems safe to assume that you are trying to draw in a manga/anime-ish style. Although Manga/anime hairstyles are mostly outlandish, they do follow a Certain order. I would recommend looking at some different styles of manga/anime, or even real hair that you like before drawing, and then making your own version based off the ones you like.
    2.)-Facial anatomy and expressions- Most people will agree that the face and expression is AT LEAST 70% of what makes the picture. Again, You might want to look at a couple of your favorite artists first, and then try to develop your own based on theres. Make sure that the facial expression represents the action of the figure. USE GUIDELINES AND MAKE SURE YOUR GUIDELINES ARE STRAIGHT. Guide lines can be very helpful when it comes to facial structure, but remember that the picture is only as good as what its built on. So don't rush the guide lines.
    3.)The flow of clothes/wrinkles Wrinkles can add a lot to the looks of clothes, but, to many, or misplaces wrinkles can REALLY detract from them. Wrinkles can be a challenge but it worth the pain.

All in all this picture just needs some more time and detail and knowledgeable thought put into it as Slurpee said. but not bad at all. Hope that helped.

Wow, Thanks for the input, Trey! I appreciate it!

Do you know where I can get some Guidelines? (I'm a complete noob about all of this ^_^)

I'll keep your advice in mind the next time I draw something!

deviantart.com.
    Here, look through my collection of tutorials. Everything is in here. Stuff you might not even use, but still :P[link='http://eternalslurp.deviantart.com/favourites/12727233']http://eternalslurp.deviantart.com/favourites/12727233[/link]

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/kingpin943/photo/red-s-art-and-drawings/dsc00507-2-3/

Here's another pic, that I drew, I realize that I need to spend some serious time working on eyes O_O

your album is pw protected. also, maybe if wanna practice eyes, just draw them rly big first. if you draw anime, eyes are the surefire way to recognize someone's styles and charachters.