Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I have a weird relationship with anime (blog-ish post)

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I'm surprised that you're surprised. It's the internet. Here, it's even a crime to care about something, get upset, or be vehement or passionate about something. They call that "getting trolled", "raging", "QQ" and a slew of other things to make an otherwise completely natural response seem unnatural and unwarranted. Like I said, people love to villainize completely normal things yet there are far worse things which are either applauded or ignored (like being a general dick). If you ignore them, you have to suck it up and pretend you don't care, despite how much it bothers you. You basically lie to yourself for appearances' sake. If you acknowledge them, you "get trolled". It's like a win-win setup not in your favor. It's kinda fk'd up.
    Last edited by CypressDahlia; 04-12-2011 at 07:01 AM.

I don't know, for my a weeabo is just a kid dressed as akatsuki, screaming kawai and running like naruto on the street. And obviously when you talk with him he only knows about naruto and bleach.

Also I think the term weeabo born to make a differenciation between the nerd/otaku with the naurtard or dumbtaku.

I've always understood weeaboo as an annoying idiot who throws japanese words into sentences for no good reason and think that Japan is the best place ever due to anime/manga and all that.

In an industial size tub of Plaster of Paris
    First I will talk about the original topic.

I found that the more I strayed from looking through my Naruto cards and manga, the less I was inclined to draw anime/manga. Instead, I took up realistic faces. My friend on the other hand, watches almost no anime and has stopped requesting manga (more likely because she finished Death Note than anything else) from the library, and her anime/manga style has soared in greatness. You are not a strange case in need of observation; my theory is that you spend the time on drawing instead of watching/reading.

Now, on to weeaboo.

I HATE that word almost as much as I hate people calling themselves "otaku". My little story that really isn't related all that much.

Once I was in a Japanese restraunt. I asked my waitress (who was also the owner and I know her), if I could practice with her. She agreed, and I ordered, in Japanese, for my entire table. I know basic convo Japanese, I try to use it so I don't lose it. She corrected what needed correcting in my speech and then turned away to get our orders.

Then, my oh, my, do some people have nerve. Some kid, probably 17-18 (this was two years ago), had the nerve to walk up to me adn tell me I "must be a f*ckin weeaboo for ordering like that". Really?

I have spent (at that point, two) years studying Japan (NOT because of anime). I study language, history, culture, ettiquet, etc. because I like foreign countries. I like learning. Japan is just the country I've chosen for now. Soon, I'll start on France (and probably refresh Germany).

Back on subject:

In my oppinion, weeaboo should be reserved for those who want to go live in Japan but efuse to learn anything about it "because they have anime".

I have a Japanese Flag in my room. I am no weeaboo.
    I have a Naruto shirt I love to bits and pieces. I am no weeaboo.
    I eat Pocky instead of "normal" candies (it has less sugar) regularly. I am no weeaboo
    My earliest bits of Japanese were things I picked up like "Damare" and "Baka". I'm still no weeaboo.

Person X only knows the words "kawaii" and "sugoi". And overuses them.
    Person X doens't need to take Karate becuase they watch Naruto.
    Person X thinks "otaku" is a good thing.
    Person X thinks they can live in Japan like a native because they've watched anime.
    Person X is the weeaboo here.

See what I'm saying?
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey
    with the movement of time.

You should've beaten up that guy who called you a weaboo for ordering in japanese. what a loser

I was not even 15 yet. I couldn't. Or I would have.
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey

Sure you could. You can get away with it when you're young.

He would've beat me up. I'm not exactly strong.
    A Monochrome Rose,
    the last of her kind,
    Faded from red to a grey

@Ladyannet

I don't get it, you have a japanese flag? I don't even have a flag of my country in my bed room, and in the national parties when you are forced to have one in the backyard, I'm extremely disgusted (nationalism for the losers).

I don't know how Otaku is a bad word, is the same as nerd (for me at least). So i'ts not bad, but rather has becone bad by the bad representants who call themselfs otakus (weeabos).

Also I don't get your logic, because any of those propositions let you deny that you are not a weeabo (you need a propostion that define weeabo first).

And finally, how old are you? I think this is rather important, because if you see a 14 years old kid with a naruto shirt and running like a ninja on the street, more than a weeabo, he is just a kid. But having 24 or more, make you a weeabo and creepy.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 04-12-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Fenn