Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Idea Ever!!!

Lol at online passes.

We should totally play that game online.

I'm not exactly a fan of the series.

Who says you need to be a fan to use your money to play it?

よろしく

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    It's not a bad idea at all. It's just something companies are doing to discourage the sale of used games - which is fine since they don't get any money that way so it's not really a bad practice.

Besides, you can still play the game, just not online, and if you want to play it online, you just buy the pass. It's not that big a deal. With all the other exploitative and horrible practices in the industry, I don't see why anyone would mind this, when it's neither.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

If you have ever worked in retail and had to explain something as basic as this to an average customer you would know why I mind personally. And don't say that you can put a notice on the box because customers can't actually read. And don't say that you can carefully and concisely break it down for them because that doesn't work either. I'm just waiting for a knife that lets me stab information into people.

Doesn't effect me outside of that because I don't ever buy pre-owned games if I can help it.

I know this is a strategy to discourage the sale of used games. But if you do a good re-playable game, you are not going to have this problems (Red Dead Redemption, Halo Reach, etc), also adding this pay to play on-line it does discourage more to buy the game (not just the pre-owned ones).

I was thinking in having this game, but now I'm certainly not going to buy it, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Also I do buy pre-owned games, because I don't have the money to buy a not-used game. Specially I have to wait until the prices drop, change a game for some credit in the store and I can only get the used game. And only in rare events I can buy the not-used game.