Thread: Angel's writing and some other stuff

101 Dalmations Member angel_dreamer13's Avatar

Angel's writing and some other stuff

you knew this was coming. yes, you did.
    Its THE RETURN OF MY THREAD! *happy dance*
    on to the writing.
    I'm currently working on something for the Improve your Writing Skills #2 thread in the old forum, I'm going to need another day or so to finish. here's a taste though, tell me what you think:

**this is a small town**
    morning comes early here, in the summer. prying rays of sunlight creep sluggishly across boarded windows before twilight has the time to flee; it lingers in puddles of shadow that lurk inside every empty doorway, under every twisted tree. even with the light of the sun refracting in every dewdrop, there is a hovering darkness this place could never shatter. in the peaceful breeze that whispers through the grass are hidden words that would drive you over the brink of insanity if you could hear them.
    I can.
    ---

more later. maybe. XD I'm getting into the fantasy/horror genre a lot later than I should have, actually. it's my favorite type of writing, I've just been avoiding it recently for some reason.
    any critiques on what I have so far would be great :)

I'm not that good at critiques but I like the idea of this. All of your stories are so dark, I'm glad someone writes like that here. You would like my brother, he writes a lot like this too.

This is awesome! I'm glad that I got bored and thought of coming here!

thanks ^-^
    ugh, this story is dragging. I can't get past about 6 paragraphs. the quality's going down too. anyone know any tips for breaking writer's block? DX

I usually like to read books, but sometimes that can make it worse/you copy the style or what happens in that book. But if you want you can try it. C:

im just gonna leave this here, as part of the "other stuff" mentioned in the thread title:
    [link='http://refusetofall.deviantart.com/#/d33e3u5']http://refusetofall.deviantart.com/#/d33e3u5[/link]
    i am unreasonably proud of this. even though its kind of old.

This might be a little late, but I would suggest thinking about where this story is going. Thats what I do when I get stuck on something. Reading can also help.