Thread: SparkleyC's Stuff.

Tween Member

SparkleyC's Stuff.

Any critiques on the art you are about to see would be sweet, I have loads of free time to practice because i'm pretty far from highschool.

One of my first shots at a dip pen. (I got lazy cleaning it up )
    Last edited by SparkleyC; 04-06-2011 at 05:58 PM.

whoa dude. thats pretty awesome! how long have you been drawing?
    you kinda remind me of me when i started out. (not all the way back in 5th grade, but like when i started to understand art concepts)
    you face the same problem that i did and still do now. the head is kinda big, but its not that big of a deal. i also like the arms. they look well proportioned for the most part, but are his shoulders supposed to be like that? oh well. but hey it looks good dude. i think you should probably look at working on hands though.
    but like i said. good job.

Tween Member
    thanks! I've been drawing seriously for like 2-3 months now? I don't know. and i thought the same thing with the head. I'll keep that in mind next time.

Tween Member
    New stuff!
    Also, next time I shall be using a blue coloured pencil so that the scanner doesnt get the pencil marks in there. I did not know this before.
    head better?

Just something I did for fun

Last edited by SparkleyC; 04-06-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: the pics werent working.

it is a good work. in the first image the head of the character it is draw properly but i can see you have a problem with the rest of the body. the only advice i can give, it is to stop drawing movement just for a while. and focuse on how to draw the different type of view for the head.
    here is a picture i took to show you what i am talking about.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

once you have managed all the view and master it, then try to draw the different type of view but now with the all body
    such as this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

when you fill confident of yourself i will advice you to visit this website:
    http://www.posemaniacs.com/

study how to draw all the different type of pose. and then take this challenge, http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
    this challenge consist of giving you 30 seconds to draw a pose but without really putting detail. this exercise Will help your brain to draw mouvement without really looking at a example. it will also improve your speed of drawing.(at least use this website 15 minutes a day)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5NbsrQZuc

i hope that will help you to get better drawing. good luck.

Tween Member
    Thank you. I suppose I've only really been drawing whatever i'm in the mood for. I'll definately try that!