Thread: Mutant Power: Help.

Mutant Power: Help.

I was sketching a character who I was creating for some future stories (actually; story), and he is suposed to be some kind of mutant.

As a mutant he need a power (I don't want him to be a normal mutant with some mutated limb, or a over growth head), but I don't want to jump to far between fiction and fantasy (I don't want him to be the master of the magnetism or immortal), so this gave my quiet little options.

Super strenght, Telekinesis (It can argument flight in some rare cases), Pyrokinesis and high endurance are the few mutant powers who I feel I can argument without jumping to a far fantasy and can stay in a more fictional story. But neither of these I want for the character, because I feel that a main character shouldn't be as stronger as his rivals (super strenght) or use his powers as a obvious ex machina (pyrokinesis or telekinesis. The power can be used as a ex machina some times, but not something that obvious).

So I need help. I need ideas and even better good ideas and good arguments of why do you think the mutant power you are defending it can be possible in a fictional story.

If you need to understand "how this powers were made?" to developt your mutant power and argument, I'm just going to say it was made by the clasical radiation, only that in this case it would be for a new source of energy.

Is he mostly gonna be fighting.

Killing.

Think of him as a assasin.

control over people's bowels

Soooo... he can make people shit?

Bowel control is good but I'm not sure how you could keep that going for a whole story.

maybe he could make the intestines move around and constrict other organs like a snake

and constipate

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    give him solar power. electricity. He could absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity to stun or kill some one.
    The electric chair only uses around 2,000 volts and 10 amps.

It's the volts that jolt, but it's the amps that kill.

A person can survive a 50,000 volt shock (i.e. Taser) as long as the amperage is VERY low.

It takes less than 0.05 amps across a person's chest to stop their heart. A GFCI outlet is designed to trip at 0.005 amps.

^ i found that to kinda back it all up.
    He would be totally normal looking but he would need the sun to charge himself up with electricity. He could store it but once its gone its gone until he gets back in the sun.

Nice argument and power. Who else have more ideas?

Until now we have:
    Super Strenght (of course, this go with speed, jump, reflex, etc).
    Telekinesis
    Pyrokinesis
    Electric discharges.