Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: AFROBIT: HI AGAIN

sorda looks like gordon freeman

or is it heisenberg

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Your portraiture is phenomenal. It's great that you can draw them in many mediums too.

DING DING DING! ITS HEISENBERG!

Breaking Bad season 4 finale=mindblowingly awesome.

Scarlet: Thank-you. I love working in different mediums. I get too bored if I stay with one particular medium. I like a change in pace. : )

Didn't turn out the best, but got the good grade for it. (All that matters baby. HAHAHA)
    Done with spry paint, acrylic and copics.

Final project for the drawing class. Looks much better in person. Done with Black and White Charcoal.

still think it looks like bald Gordon Freeman

Hey Mimi, cool stuff as always. The charcoal piece looks nice so far. The first is also quite cool, as the painting is great and you chose rad colors. However, there's some things I've noticed

I'll start with the major thing. As someone who has not seen breaking bad, I do not really understand what's going on. The important thing in an art piece is to make sure you're communicating the meaning well, as you're trying to tell a story. In the piece, I can't see how the different icons correlate with eachother, so the piece in general feels random.

For the coloring, the black splotch towards the bottom kind of takes away from the colors and composition in general. It just seems misplaced and doesn't flow with the rest of the piece and colors. To fix that, you could have left out that whole section and moved the brokentv/bottle/blue rock section up. Or, you could have changed the black to some dark yellow/green so that would have worked with the background at the top, while also moving everything at the bottom closer.

The plane yellow/green background at the top feels empty as well, as theres too much nothingness on the left. Hmm, I can see you tried to fix that a bit with the white, cloudy stuff, though.

Last thing I notice is the dude with the suit. The shading on his clothing and hat are quite a bit shiny for fabric. In fact, they shading/highlighting makes the clothing look almost metallic. I think this could be fixed by simply covering the highlight with the midtone blue, making it appear more natural. Same with Heisenberg's clothing

Cool though mimi as you know, I love looking at your art :3