Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Games should have a limit?

  1. #31
    101 Dalmations Member Ceta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by 596
    Sorry but video games causing angry hasn't been proven
    I think someone needs to put down the videogame controller and pick up a book.

    plus there a lot of other things that could have made you mad after playing Gran Turismo 5.
    *See above comment*

    I Have been playing a lot of violent games and nothing has happened to me, video games keep me relaxed.
    lol....Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anyone else.

  2. #32
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3
    I would say video games cause violence because I had my own experience just earlier. I was playing Gran Turismo 5 and I was trying to do that stupid jeff gordon nascar thing and I had to go through this pylon course in 13.300 seconds and couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. The closest I got was 13.313. Needless to say I got angry and started screaming profanities in my head and flipped off the console.
    So I would agree that in some cases video games cause violence.
    This is not a very strong example. You could replace video games with any thing. I'll show you:

    I would say __________ cause violence because I had my own experience just earlier. I was trying ____________ and couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. The closest I got was __________. Needless to say I got angry and started screaming profanities in my head and _____________.
    So I would agree that in some cases __________ cause violence.

  3. #33
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,185
    Mmkay first, I was being sarcastic. Second, even if I wasn't, who's to say that using that format for examples is wrong? If it can be used to prove something, it should be able to be used as evidence.

  4. #34
    Lord of Death jubeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    12,825
    Which book should I read ceta. The one with all this info.

  5. #35
    For Sparta! zizi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    314
    I don't think video games cause violence per se, but they certainly desensitise people to violence and otherwise imply that violence is somehow normal, okay, badass and not shocking and horrific. I'm not diametrically opposed to violence in games, but I do think the games industry needs to stick to realism and stay away from glorification.

    Edit: Also I don't think that rape in a game should ever be shown as something other than the disgusting thing that it is. We already live in a rape culture people, lets not have games where rape is seen as a fun way to pass time.

  6. #36
    101 Dalmations Member Ceta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by 59
    Which book should I read ceta. The one with all this info.
    lol....I was just talking about any book. With such poor knowledge of grammar, he should spend more time reading books and less time playing videogames.

  7. #37
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3
    Mmkay first, I was being sarcastic. Second, even if I wasn't, who's to say that using that format for examples is wrong? If it can be used to prove something, it should be able to be used as evidence.
    First, oh, I thought you were serious...reading text its harder to determine.

    Anyways, the point of my format is that you were more saying "Not being able to succees at X task after several attempts causes anger" rather than "video games cause anger." You could have been trying to cook a turkey, and kept failing, and had the same result. It didn't really prove that video games cause anger more than anything else with frustrating elements, see?

    Quote Originally Posted by 92
    I don't think video games cause violence per se, but they certainly desensitise people to violence and otherwise imply that violence is somehow normal, okay, badass and not shocking and horrific. I'm not diametrically opposed to violence in games, but I do think the games industry needs to stick to realism and stay away from glorification.

    Edit: Also I don't think that rape in a game should ever be shown as something other than the disgusting thing that it is. We already live in a rape culture people, lets not have games where rape is seen as a fun way to pass time.
    Agreed. The problem is, not everone would agree with you. Fortunately for us, the majority of the gaming community still holds on to some sense of morals as far as sexual abuse in games, which means game devs are not including it because even if they did, it wouldn't sell well, it would get bad press, etc. As long as the majority of the gaming community opposes such content, that content will not make it into games.

    Violence is a completely different story, for some reason. Many people who may be offended by intense sexual content have no problem gutting zombies, soldiers, and civilians. Personally, I have no problem with this so long as the games audience is mature enough to understand it's not real. (See: ESRB) I personally enjoy a healthy dose of violence (although I'm not a fan of gore) in my games; the intensity gets my blood rushing, and adds to the entertainment value. It gives me a sense of power and an outlet for the aggresive side of my human nature, WITHOUT HURTING ANYONE.

    Look at war games. Wars, IRL, are some of the most disgusting, awful, downright shameful acts of human history. Yet they also come with elements of honor, bravery, and excitement that many people find attractive. With war video games, people can experience the positives of combat (adrenaline rush, drama, challenge) with others without commiting terrible actions against those people. I do wish there were less portrayals of real-life wars like WWII, because I do think gamers begin to see war as only how it occurs in video games.

  8. #38
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,185
    Quote Originally Posted by 93

    First, oh, I thought you were serious...reading text its harder to determine.
    Anyways, the point of my format is that you were more saying "Not being able to succees at X task after several attempts causes anger" rather than "video games cause anger." You could have been trying to cook a turkey, and kept failing, and had the same result. It didn't really prove that video games cause anger more than anything else with frustrating elements, see?
    K I see what ur saying

  9. #39
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 3

    K I see what ur saying
    ^Civil conversation on the internet 8O

  10. #40
    ハリセン クラプ Ace Pitcher Hayashida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PEPSI
    Posts
    9,185
    I can be very civilized. Just give me a chance, coach.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •