Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animation Academy - Day 1: Introductions

Hey i'm Umber. I've been drawing since I was 12. I'm currently 18 and am going to school for Animation. Sadly I am stuck in foundational class hell and probably won't have any animation classes for another quarter. So yeah I don't know much aside from what I learned in a quick breeze through in a digital art class in high school.

IS it too late for me to join in? ^-^'
    If it isnt well then:
    Im Gedeon, Ive got ZERO animation experience but would love to try it since i was planing on doing something special for my family.
    My utensls are A PROMISE THAT IS BURNING IN MY GUT......and the Plastic animation paper, and a tablet helps too.....
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I'm Matt. I've been drawing seriously for three years and been practicing correctly for about a week--meaning I'm drawing things other than people standing horrifyingly straight and looking at the camera. I'm bad at coloring and I wanna learn to animate stuff. I tried it once in PAP, but that was a year ago, when I couldn't consistently produce the same face. That and my style was disgustingly sketchy (and has been until a few days ago), making animation a pain in the brain.

Eventually, I wanna animate teaser trailers for my anime/game/whatever, putting them to epic music and making it all cool and stuff.

Tools at hand:

::Tools::
    >Wacom Intuos4 M tablet
    >Windows 7 laptop

::Programs::

<<2D>>
    >Photoshop
    >Paint Tool Sai
    >GIMP
    >Flash
    >PAP

<<3D>>
    >3DS Max
    >Maya
    >Blender
    >Wings 3D
    Last edited by Matt; 04-07-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Just to show that Pwit wasnt the only one working i did my first animation EVER!!!! TWT ;w;

yeah its messy i know..
    Last edited by Gedeon; 04-07-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Teen Member
    I hope I'm not too late :O

Hiding under nickname Sekator, my name is Mathew. I actually don't have much experience with art, except some amateur drawing, but I did play with animations whiles back. As I said, the software I got at hand are only freewares - gimp, paint.NET and PAP for 2D, blender for 3D.

@Gedeon - It's not showing up for me. Anyone else not seeing it, or is it just me?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Probably just you. Here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llc1VHaydiI
    Try and see if that works instead.