Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MOB Banner Contest 3 [ENDS May 6]

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar

New MOB Banner Contest 3 [ENDS May 6]

We still need new banners for the Oekaki Rooms! Here's your chance to have your work prominently displayed at the site! Read on for rules and info:

Each Oekaki Room in the Manga Tutorials Oekaki Board (MOB) now has their own individual rooms. Unfortunately, each room pretty much looks like the next! For this contest, I'd like you to get creative and make a banner for one (or all) three rooms listed below. Winners will have their work used as a banner for the room they enter for!

Rules:
    1) Each person may submit one entry per room for a total of 3 entries. Rooms are the Oekaki Contest, Drawing Room and 11-Star Room. Descriptions of each room are below.
    2) Their banner must clearly state "MangaTutorials Oekaki Board" and the Name of the Room.
    3) Banners must be 800x160 in size and be the artists own work.
    3) Banners may be submitted in any of the following formats: png, jpg, gif, psd, xcf, tiff
    4) You can either send your entry to me at rio(at)mangatutorials(dot)com, PM me, or post your work here in this thread.
    5) Send in your submission(s) by May 6th.

Prize: Winners will have their work used a banner for the room they win in!!

Good luck to all!!

11-Stars Room
    For the meticulous artist who is willing to put time and effort into their artwork. An oekaki drawing entered into the 11-Star Room must exhibit at least one quality that separates the advanced artist from the novice. Required backgrounds must show decent effort and should complement the figure(s). Recommended minimum time spent on artwork is still ONE hour, but that alone does not guarantee if an oekaki piece deserves the room. Any drawing in this room shall be treated like an art piece in a gallery.

Oekaki Contest
    Contests held by fellow Oekaki members. Anything goes in the contest from Western themed drawings to manga shorts. The prize is an exclusive drawing from the contest holder. To become a contest holder, please post your interest in the Oekaki Contest Anyone? thread in the forum.

Drawing Room
    A special room for qualified members who can draw and post as many Oekaki's they want every day. If you want access to this room, visit the forum for details.
    Jaidurn - you may not enter the contest as you already drew the Doodle Room banner. Good luck to everyone else!
    Last edited by rio; 04-14-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Changed deadline to May 6th

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    The "Oekaki Room in the Manga Tutorials Oekaki Board (MOB)" link does not appear to be working.

Also, does one need to be a member of the MOB to enter?
    Last edited by indescribable; 04-02-2011 at 12:17 AM.

That's strange. It works for me. Here, try this: http://mangatutorials.com/mob/contest/

And no, you do not need to be a member of the Oekaki to enter the contest.

o i never noticed the contest section of oekaki, thats really cool a lot of people seem to participate

Yes, it's very popular among the members. The theme of the contest changes with each contest holder so it's really fun and interesting to join or just comment and follow.

I think you should extend this and post it to the board. D:
    Most of the members never actually go on the forum, I didn't even see this until now. ;-;

I'm gonna edit the banner on each of the boards now, but if you could extend it it would be awesome. If not then they can deal, but. ;-;

I guess I could extend it. C: I'll move the due date for another 2 weeks. I think that will be fair to everyone.

Thank you so so so much!

I'm Not a Spammer! Hakushin_Ryouga's Avatar
    Any submissions at all?

So far? Nope. Though most people like to enter late.