Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ╫╫----Nerd-ON/OFF----╫╫>>Jesus Final Version C&C please (page 2)

Looks seriously like the quality of something you'd see on a church wall, except there's no red egg in churches (at least not that I've seen). The back edge of the egg, I THINK could be sharper, but the lighting looks like it'd produce that effect. As far as critiques go, I have none aside from that. If I did, they've been said already. Sorry I can't be of any help.

**Bakuran: ok and yeah, that should look like an egg shell T_T but it was my very first try... thank you
    **Matt: ...isn't the story that when Jesus was crucified, someone, I think Holy Mary, put some eggs near him and they became red from his blood, this is what I know... and the religion teacher said me to make it red.. and the back of the egg, yeah the airbrushing, glowing covered the sharp edges... thank you for you comment
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    It looks pretty good to me. I'd prefer a bit more blood though cuz well, Jesus was scoured real bad by the roman soldiers and bled all over from his body (not just from his head, hands and feet).

There are two traditional beliefs of the easter (red) egg, both involving Mary Magdalene:-

Quoting Wikipedia:-
    One tradition, concerning Mary Magdalene says that following the death and resurrection of Jesus, she used her position to gain an invitation to a banquet given by Emperor Tiberius. When she met him, she held a plain egg in her hand and exclaimed "Christ is risen!" Caesar laughed, and said that Christ rising from the dead was as likely as the egg in her hand turning red while she held it. Before he finished speaking, the egg in her hand turned a bright red, and she continued proclaiming the Gospel to the entire imperial house.[36]

Another version of this story can be found in popular belief, mostly in Greece. It is believed that after the Crucifixion, Mary Magdalene and the Virgin Mary put a basket full of eggs at the foot of the cross. There, the eggs were painted red by the blood of the Christ. Then, Mary Magdalene brought them to Tiberius Caesar (see above).
    Another story of the easter egg being, a long time ago gifts were given to children on easter morning (very much like christmas) but one easter, the parents forgot/couldn't afford the presents, so they painted some eggs, hid them in the garden (children were normally let out to play in the garden after mass or service) for the children to find on easter morn.

Hmmm, I got to ask the parish priest one day of this. XD

Sorry for the rambling. Overall good work. I think it's great esp in this time of Lent.
    Last edited by Lady_Knife; 04-14-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Before you finished the image, it was looking very surrealistic...like a Dali painting. It still turned out very well! I don't have much critiquing to do this time, just wanted to comment.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    IS THIS WHY WE HIDE THE EGGS?!?!?!?!?!?????????????

I like it. Couple things tho.
    The peg in his foot is to flat towards us and should be angled out so we see a little less of the blunt head and bit more of the side of the peg.
    He allso needs some lowlights (darker ones.) around the rib area and where his legs cross and meet.

......i cant do anything without line-art.............
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I've always heard that the name Easter comes from the German goddess Iosta, where people would give offerings of eggs and rabbits in her name. Somehow Jesus got mapped onto all of this and yeah... XD Not sure how credible all that is, though, haha.

Anyway, wow. This is really good. I like the lighting effects and the addition of the egg. All in all, it's a very strong piece.