Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More tutorials? Editing Manga & Inking Pens

101 Dalmations Member

More tutorials? Editing Manga & Inking Pens

Is there a tutorial on how to edit manga comics in photoshop,Ms paint or gimp?

Additional Question:

Which markers are best when inking comics? I use Sakura Comic Pro.

What do you mean by "Edit manga comics in photoshop" ? Like cut and paste? 8D jk jk, but seriously, can you be a little bit more specific on that? :C

I ask a long time ago to rio (I don't know if she did it), to put a Comic page composition tutorial. So if you mean how to build a page, I think that was covered.

If your question is how to use photoshop, then you are going to need some photoshop tutorials.

101 Dalmations Member
    (sighs) Like the tones and effects in photoshop or manga studio. how do you edit your manga the way you want it? Have you ever watch Saigami project on youtube? If you havent look at this. I'm trying to explain as much as I can. I dont know anything about this stupid photoshop or manga studio editing comics stuff I dont even know about this manga stuff. I just draw manga and trying to learn as much as I can. If you dont want to help or dont get what im saying just delete the forums. I'll just learn on my own. I never give up! And um...By the way Clockhand...There's no tutorials for editing comics in photoshop, if so link it to me.
    Last edited by KakashiTheSharingan; 04-05-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Kakashi, there are tons of comic making tutorials out there.

Tutorials

Lineart

Manga tutorials

Comic layout tutorials

And did you say that you had photoshop? If you learn how to use it you'll be able to do literally anything you want. So start messing with it and look up tutorials to help you out along the way. Because photoshop is not stupid. Or at least not to the hundreds of professionals who utilize it anyway.

101 Dalmations Member
    I really appreciate your help Umber_The_Kid....I'll work on these tutorials as much as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiTheSharingan View Post
    By the way Clockhand...There's no tutorials for editing comics in photoshop, if so link it to me.
    1.- What do you mean by "Editing Comics in Photoshop"? By what the name suggest I believe that is taking comics and editing them using photoshop, example: I take a page of Bleach and I edit the dialogues so everyone is saying "Dick".

2.- If what you want is to know how to make the "squares" and speech bubbles, then my suggestion of Comic Page Composition, is the tutorial you are searching.

3.- As Beka (Umber...) post you, there are tutorials. And if your problem is photoshop, you need to go and search for some photoshop tutorials (the forum can't provide you everything, specially because the tutorials in here are specialized in mangas/comics).
    So use Google, it may save your life.

Also, if your problem is that, you don't know how to make a comic page on photoshop, then again, my suggestion of Comic Page Composition is the tutorial. But also you could search some stuffs and do a script and sketches of the pages. Because you should never jump to do a page without having a structured idea of what you want.

101 Dalmations Member
    Okay ClockHand but I never write a script and then draw the comic...i just draw the story...Is that bad?

That is awful.

101 Dalmations Member
    Lol...i have another question. I'm 16 years old be 17 on the 12 of this month....Can i publish a manga right now? Or Its not a good time? Should I just Make mangas of my cartoon and wait til the time to publish it?